Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amalitsi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Direct3D does not have enough display memory
    When I play a specific game, I can't save because the message "Direct3D does not have enough memory to perform the operation. Is there something I can do to fix that? (like a special software or a specific configuration)
    Thnks in advanse
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 03:29 PM

First would try to update any directx files that can be updated

Download and install, it will update directx that you currently using
    http://www.tucows.com/get/194328_118218

If same issue, what game?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 07:05 AM

Hi,
    I would suggest trying the DirectX source that is the best by my estimation, FalconFly. It is in Germany and done by gamers though not updated in most areas, the stuff other than DirectX are now elsewhere. The great thing is that it is sorted and cataloged by the versions of Windows so that you can get the absolute newest for your OS. You can of course go to MS, but navigation is a bit abysmal mostly, though the info is always there.
    MicroSoft DirectX Downloads for Windows (Win95, Win98, Win98SE, WinME, Win2000, WinXP) - complete release history including DirectX1, DirectX2, DirectX3, DirectX5, DirecX6, DirecX7, DirecX8, DirecX9
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct3D device [ 1 Answers ]

This game cannot be run unable to continue Direct3D device could not be created plea

Direct3d running problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have bought flight sim X ( I tested my PC on the Microsoft game check website and it said my PC was adequate!) but the game would not start because of a video card problem, so I update my VIA video card driver to support direct3d. I have done this but if I try to run the game the menu...

Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation. [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to run a game on my PC recently, but I got an error message when I tried to run it. The message that came up was the following:Could not create device for Direct3D. Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation." Is there something I need to download, or do I...

Direct 3d display memory [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot play some games as my PC says there is not enough direct 3d display memory. What should I do? Windows XP, Pentium 4. 128 MB RAM

View more questions Search