Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremy7878 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Employer did not pay me for a full 2 weeksof work
    I worked for 2 weeks and we get paid every 15th and 30th my employer left out 1 weeks of pay because of the last month we got paid 3 times because of 31 days in the month of may. He stated he is just trying to get back on schedule of being paid on the 15th and 30th.. I was wondering should'nt he have to pay us (me) for three weeks instead of us only getting 1 weeks pay? And if I am correct can I stay on the clock until he does pay me.
    Thank you Jeremy
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 03:16 PM

I'm sorry. I'm totally not understanding this. What do you mean you got paid 3 times last month because of the 31 days but were shorted one week's pay? If you're paid on the 15th and 30th and there were 31 days, you were paid on the May 15, May 30, and when? And then I would assume you were paid again yesterday June 15th. Right? What week were you not paid for?

Jun 16, 2009, 07:29 PM
    May 1 paid 2 weeks
    May 13 paid 2weeks
    May 30 paid 2 weeks
    *due to the longer month...

So on this 15th he did not pay me for may 30,31, and the 1st week of June 1-6 just the June 7 -13 he left out 8 days. So I and other employees confronted him he stated because he received a 1,000. Dollar ticket for noise violation can he with hold thoughs 8 day from me and others because of his issues with the law and also is it possible to go to the labor board and receive money because he did not pay me on time
    Thank you again have a blessed day
    jeremy7878

Now the dates are corrected sorry
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 07:39 PM

What state are you in? Labor laws do vary some from state to state but I'm going to fall out of my chair if he can really do this. Does your place of work have a human resources department? Or is this more of a mom and pop sort of place? If you can, call human resources. They're supposed to help with this sort of thing.

Jun 16, 2009, 08:17 PM
    It is a private establishment but very wealthy and no HR

Jun 16, 2009, 08:19 PM
    Long beach California
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 08:25 PM

You had three or four threads started about this one issue.

And seemed to start a new thread to merely add more info

It was too confusing to try and merge them, I have deleted all of the other threads.

Please "answer" here with the additional info not start new threads

So come back and add a complete, question, with area this is at,

I am sorry, Please take time and understand the site.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 11:59 AM

Here's some links for California labor law. It doesn't give your exact situation but based on the first two questions there I feel confident saying that what your employer did was illegal and he does have to pay you.

Deductions From Wages
    How to file a wage claim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live & work in NY but work for same employer elsewhere.taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NY and am employed in NY but am sent to work in other states when needed. Am I required to file taxes for every state they send me to work in, or just NY?

MA employer work from home in NH [ 1 Answers ]

My employer is located in MA. Next year I have the option to work on average 3-4 days from home in NH and 1-2 days in an office in MA. Will I have to pay MA state tax? I spend 30% of the year outside of MA and NH (various US, London and Rome - no location more than a week). Does this...

Live in Wy. Employer in Ca. Work in several states [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Wyoming which has no state income tax. My employer is based in California. I work at different sites in California, Arizona, and Nevada. (also no state tax) My employer takes California state taxes out no matter where I work. What is my best option when filing taxes at the years end and...

Employer in VA. Work in MA. Live in NH. Whom I should pay taxes. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I work as a contractor in MA on behalf of my employer who is based in VA. I live in NH. I receive pay check from VA based company for the work performed at their client's office in MA. I live in NH. To which state(s) I should pay taxes to?

View more questions Search