Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IRISHLASS354 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Employment References
    Can an employer in the state of Ohio give an employee a bad reference? Is there anyway to find out if they are?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 11:05 AM

Depends on what you mean by bad. If it's along the lines of a potential employer asked if you are punctual and your previous employer admitted that you were late to work every other day and that's true, it's bad for you but since it's true it's legal. If you mean s/he was spreading malicious slander, no that is not legal. I have no idea how you would go about finding out what was said but maybe someone else will come along for that part.
    Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray Blog Archive Guidelines for Giving Employment References

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limited in references [ 1 Answers ]

What would one do if they have limited references? I have not kept in contact with previous employments or contacts that I had for references. I am eager to look for new work but not the same work I keep going back to do, which is reception. I am soooooooooooooo bored of this and want to make a...

Employment References [ 7 Answers ]

In New York State is it legal for a former employer to give more than start date, end date and resigned or fired? For example can they give disciplinary history and opinion of you? I know the corporate ruling for this company is that they can't give more than that. How would signing an...

Neg employee references [ 2 Answers ]

I was injured on the job. I was later discharged for my position which they stated I was making to many mistakes. I however was (with out my knowledge) training my replacement. I have applied for over 350 jobs and had very very good interviews but have never been offered the job. I come to find...

Please I need some references for my assignment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi good morning. I was wondering if you can please help me with some of these references. I'm having trouble finding the what they wrote about including the title. Cormack (1991) (Langford 2001). (Parahoo 1997). (Daly et al 2002). (Hewitt-Taylor 2002). I would be very happy if you can help...

View more questions Search