Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyrus rowshan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 04:50 AM
    Removing tiles from concrete
    What kind of tools do I need to remove tiles from concrete slabs?:)
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Oct 11, 2006, 06:46 AM
    There are flooring removal tools you can get at your local home improvement store.

If all else fails, you may have to use a hammer and chissel. If that doesn't work then you got to get serious and get a small jack hammer.
    ag64 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus rowshan
    What kind of tools do I need to remove tiles from concrete slabs?:)
    Hi Cyrus,

I'm no expert, but I recently did the same thing. I just used a hammer and chisel, but it took me several hours, to get up about 3/4 of a bathroom full of mosaic tiles. I stopped at that point because I realized that the concrete below had a few cracks going straight through and the width of the room. I then broke out a 10lb sledge and removed the concrete in chunks (with tile attached in 1/4 of the bath). The point to this story is: don't waste your time pulling off the tiles if you are not going to be able to use the concrete below it. If any tiles are coming up on there own now, pull them up first and inspect the condition of the concrete below. Some cracks can be repaired, but if there is movement from one section to the next, it will probably have to be torn up. Like I said, I'm no expert, just trying to save you some time and energy that I wasted on my bathroom. Good luck!
    bigthunder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Can I use a solution to get tiles off concrete

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing/breaking concrete? [ 6 Answers ]

I had heard there was a liquid you could buy to assist in indoor concrete removal. I was told you could drill holes in a line and pour this stuff in the holes and it would then expand and break the concrete in a line. I have searched the web high and low for this stuff, however I have not found it....

Removing old tiles from cement floor [ 13 Answers ]

Anybody have a secret for removing the black adhesive left on a cement floor after removing old vinyl tiles? Maybe I should be asking whether I actually need to remove the adhesive. Right now the plan is to use 12" ceramic tiles for the new floor. In fact, now that I think about it I'm...

Removing Ceramic Tile from concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am in th process of removing ceramic tile from my back porch. We are having a pool installed and need the slab scraped clean so they can float it install acrylic deck. I was told by the contractor that the surface needed to be as smooth as possible. Removing the tile was not difficult, I...

View more questions Search