Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hyugafan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 07:05 PM
    i can not lose weight
    my name is nikki, and I'm 18... I weigh about 280 pounds. I do not have a thyroid problem, and am a semi vegetarean, (I eat a meal with meat like 2x a week) and I choose vegetables and fruits over any kind of sugary products... My doctor claims that I'm perfectly healthy aside from my weight. Can anybody help me figure out why? I exercise daily for more than 60 minutes also... I'm very stressed about this... and all I want is to lose this weight... I've never been thin(or not over weight)... and I would enjoy being smaller... any help would be appreciated.. thank you!
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Jun 16, 2009, 02:04 PM

Well first you'r either a vegetarian or your not :/...
    But how about you just cut down on any sugary/unhealthy snacks , do you eat a lot of them ?
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Jun 16, 2009, 02:33 PM

I guess not hahahah!
    Well how about you just eat smaller meals throughout the day as it will spead up your metabolism it think :L
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 03:34 PM

You can get fat on tuna and lettuce if you eat too much of it. How about posting up a typical day's meals, including snacks, drinks, and the amounts you eat? It's quite possible you are eating healthy food, but if your portions sizes are too big, you won't lose weight.

One slight alarm bell is the "semi-vegetarian" Many people who don't eat meat tend to be very low on protein, and to eat a lot more carbs than are necessary.

I'd really love to see what you eat in a day.
    brownishy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 08:53 AM

Read "The truth about six pack abs".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

How to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

How can you lose 40 pounds in a month? Like how long do you excerise and what kind of food should I quit? I am 5'5" and I am 159 and I want to go down to about 100

Lose weight. [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lose weight. I'm about 5 foot 6 inches and weigh about 122. I would like to see me weigh between 110 and 115. How can I do this in 2 - 3 weeks?

How to lose weight [ 11 Answers ]

OK so I'm 15 about 155 and I want to lose weight.. I just can't seem to just get up and do it.. I have a little waist but Big thighs and tummy... so I just want to get down to like 120-125.. can any one help me..

Trying to lose weight! [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking of becoming a model, I am 5'11' so I am tall enough, I wear a 36d bra, I have a 28 inch waist which is too big and weigh 130 lbs, how can I lose this weight, it seems to be concentrated in my stomach. Any ideas?? I know I probably sound like a for complaining but I really want to be...

View more questions Search