Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jun 15, 2009, 02:15 PM
    iPhone text message questions
    I can't find a way to do a few things with my iPhone, and I am just starting to think they are not possible. Two questions:

1. Often I find myself sending jumbled messages (getting used to the touch screen texting... STILL after about 6 months :P) Is there a way to cancel a message while it is sending? I haven't found a way. Do I just need to live with this?

Also

2. Sometimes I was to forward something to my friends OR sending one message to several friends- like telling them all big news, parties, etc.

Anyone know if these can be done with this phone? There are a few other annoying flaws:
    Can't send a picture message through your phone, only e-mail(and everyone I have tried to send to it doesn't work, they get the picture message but no picture)

Once and a while it freezes for several seconds up to a minute... this usually happens on the internet.

No video messages. Which I don't mind that much... I never really used my old phones... but you would think they would add it. Shrug.

Anyway, don't get me wrong; I still love my phone... I just wish there was something that would fix these issues. Do I just hope they will have a new model with everything missing? Anyway, if you know the answers let me know :D thanks
    Jake448 Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Jun 25, 2009, 08:42 AM

You need to get your iPhone plugged into itunes and updated to the 3.0 firmware. I am not 100%, but I believe it allows you to cancel a text while sending. At&t also said they will allow picture and video messaging by the end of the summer on the iPhone.

In regards of freezing, it may happen for various reasons.
    1. You have not updated it to the newest firmware on itunes
    2. You need to do a soft reset on your phone after installing applications, just like you restart your computer after installing software. This is especially true for bigger apps, like games.
    3. Once in a blue moon, it can still freeze of course, you can push and hold the home button and it will return you back to the home screen without having to reset your phone.

Hope this helps.
    megamanhood Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2009, 01:35 AM

If your firmware is pre 3.0, then you can't forward sms bcos the default sms application does not allow it.

There are 3rd party application e.g. biteSMS that allows you to do that but you have to "jailbreak" your iPhone. Jailbreaking allows you to install 3rd party apps but please read your warranty info first.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jul 8, 2009, 08:39 AM

I have updated to the 3.0. hurrah. Its so much better. Thanks for the help/advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Text Message [ 1 Answers ]

How can I read my child's old text messages

Text Message Signature [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to add a text message signature on a Nokia 5100?

He hasn't replied to my text message [ 22 Answers ]

I met a really nice guy on Thursday during a night out with the girls. We got on together really well and ended up chatting 'til the early hours. At the end of the night, he asked for my phone number and said he'd text me on the Saturday, which he did. I replied to his message but he still hasn't...

Text message from ex [ 26 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Venting again.. after telling the ex I will not be part of the games he plays with me any more, coming in and out of my life every 3 months, saying he needs me, wants to grow old with me and all other great things only to end up saying and doing all the opposite.. ...

View more questions Search