Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mackers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2003, 06:21 PM
    Mortgage
    I am finding it hard to find a mortgage. I cannot prove I have an income :( I have been talking to a few mortgage lenders, they can do nothing for me. Can anyone help...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 7, 2003, 04:04 PM
    mortgage
    In order to get a mortgage you must show proof that you can pay for it. Cash on hand, money in the bank, proof of income etc. With out some sort of collateral you're going to have a very hard time securing a loan. Tom
    mackers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2003, 04:33 PM
    mortgage
    Hello Tom, I am in the building game. I work for a sub-contractor who pays cash in hand, no banks. If I got a letter explaining my salary and how long I've been working for him do you think that would make any difference.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 9, 2003, 04:42 PM
    mortgage
    Hey Mack, I'm a retired Floridia plumber who has been in the construction trade all his life. If you can show a good income, pay your bills on time, can show a bank account in good shape and can pass a credit report, I see no problems for obtaining a mortgage. When I bought my house I worked by the project. No steady company. I passed and got a mortgage. No reason you can't too. Good luck, Tom
    nrjohns Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2003, 03:25 PM
    mortgage
    How is your credit? There are different types of "Stated Income" programs available for customers with good- excellent credit. If your credit is marginal but you can show enough income to support the housing debt as well as other liabilities, you may be able to qualify for a full documetation loan by just showing 24 months bank statements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice on mortgage. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I need some advice on a legal matter. This is taking place in Kentucky. My fiancé was recently behind on her mortgage payment. She only owes around $2000 on her mortgage. I have given her the money to catch up, but it has already been turned over to the lawyers. The lawyers...

Mortgage interest deduction for dual-status [ 3 Answers ]

OPT 1/05-8/05, H-1, 8/05-12/05, I know that I need to file a non-resident form (1040NR). 1 question: Do I get the whole year's mortgage interest deduction $ 8800 on 1040NR? Where do I put it? Thanks.

Mortgage interest and real estate tax deduction for J-1 visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the US for 18 months, as an exchange professional. I plan to buy a condo or co-op in NYC and would like to know if I can deduct the interest on mortgage loan and the tax included in the monthly maintenance, from my taxed revenue? Thanks

View more questions Search