Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pbarakhshan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Shoplifting from sears
    I arrested yesterday for shoplifting from sears. I theft less than 50 dollars. The officer said they going to send me a letter on mail for the date of my court.
    I just want to know what can they do in the court.im under age 18. I'm just 16.
    And I'm not an american citizen. Just want to know what is going to happen?:confused:
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 08:43 AM

Were the police called? Were you arrested and charged with shoplifting?
    pbarakhshan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 02:37 PM

Yes, I arrested by police. But they said they going to send me a letter for the date of court. I just want to know what are they going to do with me?
    Is it going to be a penalty, like a ticket or jail?
    sancha847 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 06:25 PM
    i'm in the same situation as u are
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 07:29 PM

It is not normal in the US to "get a letter" normally you would either be ticketed and/or released on bail.

The letter is more normal in Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, So I'm trying to remail calm and composed as I type this... I'm currently at work and cannot leave to deal with this situation until later tonight. So I just heard from my mom that a family member (of legal age) of mine has been arrested (as is in jail) as I type this for shoplifting. For...

Shoplifting [ 21 Answers ]

Please Help Me. I Was Caught By The Security Of The Store, For Thye First Time. They Got Back The Jacket I Stole (200 Dollars), And Called The Security Of The Mall, The Guy Banded Me Of Showing Up In The Mall For A Year. Then They Called For A Police, Police Gave Me A Ticket Of 65 Dollars. Because...

Shoplifting in UK [ 3 Answers ]

I am 27. I am from China and finished studies in UK. I was caught shoplifting £3 goods in Primark in Liverpool to avoid waiting in long queue to pay. But I spent nearly £100 in that store two days ago. Such a stupid thing I have done I know and I will not do it again. The store' security and...

Shoplifting under $40 [ 7 Answers ]

So I made a wrong decision out of a stupid challenge with a friend and shoplifted 40$ worth o stuff at JC penney in Kansas and got caught when we were exiting the store. I came clean and the police officer came there and gave me a court date to appear next month. I am very scared as to what is...

View more questions Search