Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fattimoo Posts: 82, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Should I take the morning after pill?
    Hi I'm on the pill I've now started taking antibiotics but I had sex yesterday do I need the morning after pill? I'm taking my last few from this months packet and I will start another one straight away but what are the chances of me getting pregnant from yesterday? Thanks for your help
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jun 15, 2009, 01:20 PM

How long ago did you start taking antibiotics? I found that if you have been on antibiotics for 7 days or more because pills can become ineffective. Many antibiotics can change the effects of BC pills, generally a doctor will tell you to use a back up method when you are taking them. If you want to be on the safe side, you may want to consider taking Plan B as soon as possible. You can take it up to 5 days after intercourse; however with each passing day the chances of it being effective GREATLY decrease; it's best to stay within the 72 hour mark.

Jun 15, 2009, 01:38 PM

I started taking the antibiotics today and I last had sex yesterday I think ill go back tomorrow and get the morning after pill thank you

Jun 15, 2009, 01:40 PM
    It says if your in the first week of your new pill pack and had sex a few days before and you start antibiotics then you should use the morning after pill but I weren't sure if it applied in the last week of your pill
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jun 15, 2009, 01:46 PM

If you were at the end of your pill pack you will probably be OK. But if it were me I would still get Plan B just in case, I wouldn't want to take a risk. Make sure you are using a back up method if you have sex again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Morning After Pill [ 4 Answers ]

I took the morning after pill for the second time in my life a few days ago, and now I'm bleeding. It's pretty heavy. The side-effects I think is supposed to be spotting or bleeding. Is this normal, should I do anything about it?

Can my dog have the morning after pill [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old staffy who came in season 11 days ago I've kept her in the house all the time and made sure the big gate is shut when she goes out side but today I went out side and there was a dalmatian in the garden I don't no how the dog got in or how long it was there or even if it got on...

Morning after pill [ 1 Answers ]

I took the morning after pill. One day after taking it I had unprotected sex. Does this ruin the affect that the pill was supposed to take and should I take another one?

Morning after pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I took Ovral 21 morning after pills... 2 pills and then another 2 pills twelve hours later. I took them on April 22nd and now its May 10th and I just started getting some VERY light spotting today and now its stopped. Is this a sign my period is coming ? ...

Morning after pill [ 4 Answers ]

How long after taking a morning after pill should I expect my period?

View more questions Search