Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    villarreal0603 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 12:36 PM
    I have my eviction court date on Friday!
    I have my court date on Friday the 19th here in Virginia Beach. I am getting a government loan that won't be approved till next week is there any way to get an extension?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 12:43 PM

Doubtful. The whole idea of an eviction is to get you out of the house. You may be able to get the eviction held if you go to court and tell them about your incoming money and your desire to pay in full... but if they are at the point of eviction, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    WebsiteSolution Posts: 85, Reputation: 10

Jun 15, 2009, 12:53 PM

I agree with Stevetcg - it may be too late to do anything at this point. But make sure you take your letter to court verifying the money is coming.

If you had a reasonably good payment record, until recently, try talking to the landlord, at this point you don't have anything to lose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

How long do I have to vacate home, going to court Friday in Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to court this Friday 10/31 for foreclosure. How long is it before I am required to vacate my home. I live in Michigan:(

Eviction court date [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have received a notice from the Sheriff's department instructing me to be in court for eviction proceedings. I spoke to my landlord at the begging of the month to let them know I would be late with my rent. They told me as long as I paid the rent with late fees I would be fine. I...

What do I need to say in court? Trial on Friday March 7. [ 3 Answers ]

I have my trial date set for this Friday, March 7. I want to be totally prepared and would appreciate any final advice. Here is a quick summary: I am being sued by a creditor. I sent out a debt validation letter via certified mail and received no response (a violation of the FDCPA). I've only...

View more questions Search