Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKeagle Posts: 242, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paxe View Post
    Well, I am not 100% sure about what to do with that. On the one hand it may hurt you but on the other hand, you are just too curious to do it. I guess go for it but just be ready to do some healing and do NOT let her string you or let her control you. Before you do anything harsh think a lot about your actions.
    I'm going to let it sit. Good things comes to those that wait
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Jul 6, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKeagle View Post
    i'm gonna let it sit. good things comes to those that wait
    Good idea! Take care of yourself, but if you are in this mindset, just delete it, you'll feel better after a while.

Jul 7, 2009, 09:40 AM

I feel unable to really be happy and able to move on, until she contacts me in some sort of way
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by AKeagle
    think i should break down and read the message she sent me, i only read the header. there might not even be anything else to read.

i don't want to think this part of my life is insignificant, but i don't want to hold on or get mad about it
    Have you deleted it yet?? Why not??
    I feel unable to really be happy and able to move on, until she contacts me in some sort of way
    Don't lie to yourself. Of course you can be happy, and move on whether she contacts you or not. If you wanted to that is.

Jul 7, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Have you deleted it yet??? Why not???

Don't lie to yourself. Of course you can be happy, and move on whether she contacts you or not. If you wanted to that is.
    All the message said was happy birthday, nothing else.

I could move on faster if she contacted me, not meaning I would answer or respond.

Jul 7, 2009, 03:17 PM

I could move on faster if she contacted me, not meaning I would answer or respond.
    Nope, this just shows that you are still hanging on to her. Just delete everything from her. You won't move if she contacts you or if you are thinking of her contacting you. Don't forget you are doing all this for yourself not to show her.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 08:12 AM

You would not be able to move on because she contacted you by wishing you a Happy Birthday and you still can't move on. You don't really want to.
    When you get sick and tired of being sick and tired, you'll move on. You are still wanting to hang on to false hope.

Jul 8, 2009, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You would not be able to move on because she contacted you by wishing you a Happy Birthday and you still can't move on. You don't really want to.
    When you get sick and tired of being sick and tired, you'll move on. You are still wanting to hang on to false hope.
    yesterday has passed, never said anything her about her birthday. Instead went out with one of my friends I hadn't seen I 2 years or so. And had been making plans to hangout with them. As for my ex well I don't know, there's not really anything new, except my friend telling me stuff from the past I never realized

and the happy birthday thing, isn't the way I wanted to be contacted, just something random. But there wouldn't be any contact cause I would not respond, answer, or stay around to see her
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 08:23 AM

That's all the contact you should need and I hope you read nothing else into it. That would be your mind working overtime on her.
    No you couldn't, but its just the idea you could think she misses you, and maybe..! Forget that, move on regardless.

Jul 8, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Thats all the contact you should need and I hope you read nothing else into it. That would be your mind working overtime on her.

No you couldn't, but its just the idea you could think she misses you, and maybe.......................!! Forget that, move on regardless.
    Still is what I'm struggling with. I don't want to only remember the bad things that happened, such as this. Cause then all it does is make me angry and look back on what we could have changed.

But I don't want to look back on the goods and see this other guy in my place.

But I don't want to forget it, cause its been almost 20 percent of my life
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jul 8, 2009, 09:07 AM

but i don't want to forget it, cause its been almost 20 percent of my life

Then you will never heal, and then why are you asking for advice when you want to just simply sit and wither away. Feeling sorry for yourself.

While your moping your life is passing you by, if you did nothing wrong then why are you punishing yourself for being a good man.

Please get those tears out, so they can clean your eyes so you can see this as a blessing.

(reality slap))

Some women just need to meet bad men, so they can learn to appreciate the good ones.

"Accepting that things happen in life is a normal part of living. View it as part of the process of exploring and growing up. Make a note of it, and continue to move forward.

Jul 8, 2009, 09:20 AM
    still is what i'm struggling with. i don't want to only remember the bad things that happened, such as this. cause then all it does is make me angry and look back on what we could have changed.

but i don't want to look back on the goods and see this other guy in my place.

but i don't want to forget it, cause its been almost 20 percent of my life
    It's understandable that you don't want to remember all the bad things, and that you want to remember some good things of her. Though, the thing is by that time now, remembering her should cross your mind less often. Ex girlfriend has been part of a good part of our lives, and this is why the healing process is never easy. At least you are not clinging to false hope.

It hasn't been that long, but there will be a time you will go back and feel nothing. It does take time. 3 month later I still haven't gotten to that place, but as days goes by, I'm getting and better and so should you.

Jul 8, 2009, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire View Post
    Then you will never heal, and then why are you asking for advice when you want to just simply sit and wither away. Feeling sorry for yourself.

While your moping your life is passing you by, if you did nothing wrong then why are you punishing yourself for being a good man.

Please get those tears out, so they can clean your eyes so you can see this as a blessing.

(reality slap))

Some women just need to meet bad men, so they can learn to appreciate the good ones.

"Accepting that things happen in life is a normal part of living. View it as part of the process of exploring and growing up. Make a note of it, and continue to move forward.
    I don't know that I would say this guy is a bad man, but I don't really know who he is. But I do know a lot of women who seem to only go to guys that are losers and/or have problems in there lives. They aren't able to keep themselves together. Is it just the fact of being needed or acting like a mother figure to someone that attracts them.

I know I'm going through stuff right now, but I don't feel that I am able to live and get through the problems. But all and all I know I'm going through a rough patch

Jul 8, 2009, 09:28 AM
    It's understandable that you don't want to remember all the bad things, and that you want to remember some good things of her. Though, the thing is by that time now, remembering her should cross your mind less often. Ex girlfriend has been part of a good part of our lives, and this is why the healing process is never easy. At least you are not clinging to false hope.

It hasn't been that long, but there will be a time you will go back and feel nothing. It does take time. 3 month later I still haven't gotten to that place, but as days goes by, I'm getting and better and so should you.
    I know I'm still clinging onto some false hope. For example, I would really like for her to send me the money that she owes me. Cause now I can't afford it without her, and would have never went into it by myself. I would really like for her to send me the necklace I gave her 4 years ago (my mother bought it for me when I was 12, I gave it her, and a turtle charm, cause that's why I called her "my baby turtle", but I can't bring myself to tell my mother I don't have it anymore)

Jul 8, 2009, 09:47 AM
    i know i'm still clinging onto some false hope. for example, i would really like for her to send me the money that she owes me. cause now i can't afford it without her, and would have never went into it by myself. i would really like for her to send me the necklace i gave her 4 years ago (my mother bought it for me when i was 12, i gave it her, and a turtle charm, cause thats why i called her "my baby turtle", but i can't bring myself to tell my mother i don't have it anymore)
    That is also understandable. I offered an iPod touch and a beautiful coat, but I offered her those gifts at the time I loved her and we were together. Now I would like to have them back but I can't and this is how life goes. Have you started looking for a new place, near your work? This should help you move on and save you money. As this is a personal gift from you mum, in a very very very long future you may talk to her briefly about it and explain how this is part of the family treasure and is very important to you and your mum, and she will probably give it back to you if you ask gently.

It is time to let go of hope and move forward. Slap yourself if you need it, but SHE IS NOT COMING BACK. This is what you need to put in your brain. You need acceptance of her not coming back. Don't forget that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Jul 8, 2009, 09:54 AM
    That is also understandable. I offered an ipod touch and a beautiful coat, but I offered her those gifts at the time I loved her and we were together. Now I would like to have them back but I can't and this is how life goes. Have you started looking for a new place, near your work? This should help you move on and save you money. As this is a personal gift from you mum, in a very very very long future you may talk to her briefly about it and explain how this is part of the family treasure and is very important to you and your mum, and she will probably give it back to you if you ask gently.

It is time to let go of hope and move forward. Slap yourself if you need it, but SHE IS NOT COMING BACK. This is what you need to put in your brain. You need acceptance of her not coming back. Don't forget that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    Well I don't want the gifts I gave her back, like camera, watch, bracelet, suits, ticket to NYC. I just want the one thing that means something to my family. I don't want the gifts that she took from me, chain(which I paid more than 50 percent), there's a lot of other small things there. But wow, I just realized she never really got me things. Heck our 4 yr she didn't get me anything, not that gifts are important, but we have always.

She told me she would give the necklace back

Jul 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
    well i don't want the gifts i gave her back, like camera, watch, bracelet, suits, ticket to NYC. i just want the one thing that means something to my family. i don't want the gifts that she took from me, chain(which i paid more than 50 percent), theres alot of other small things there. but wow, i just realized she never really got me things. heck our 4 yr she didn't get me anything, not that gifts are important, but we have always.

she told me she would give the necklace back
    Lol, that's how life goes, I bought also the majority of things and I paid almost every time we went out. It seems that even during those times of gender equality, women have more equality than men lol. At least you know you will receive the necklace. Time to move on now don't you think ;) ? Don't cling to false hope, healing a long term first relationship is tough but we all are doing it.

Jul 8, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Lol, that's how life goes, I bought also the majority of things and I paid almost everytime we went out. It seems that even during those times of gender equality, women have more equality than men lol. At least you know you will receive the necklace. Time to move on now don't you think ;) ? Don't cling to false hope, healing a long term first relationship is tough but we all are doing it.
    Really I don't think I will, she told me that over a month ago. Since then I have sent the last of her stuff to her. She is just avoiding it. I don't know why she wants it, all it will do is sit in a box
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 01:31 PM

she told me she would give the necklace back
    Your getting good at making excuses to sit on the pity pot and not heal.

The necklace is not going anywhere and neither are you.

Heal, and I bet the necklace thing works itself out.

Do something good for yourself, or else drown in your own shat.

Jul 8, 2009, 03:20 PM

A bit harsh but right. As hard as it is, you should only concentrate on healing. Don't think of contacting her. Beside be patient it will come back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex girlfriend has already moved on. How do I? [ 4 Answers ]

Everyone has a story, so here is mine.. I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but to fully embrace the scenario this I must describe the relationship with my first love. How it all started: Jan 08. One week before my first deployment to Iraq, some friends and I went downtown to drink...

Girlfriend broke off relationship because she "has never been single" [ 23 Answers ]

I began dating a divorcée about a year and a half ago. She was coming off some unusual circumstances. Her boyfriend had contracted cancer when they were dating - and she left nursing school to be at his side until he came back to health. He lived. They got married. They had children and later he...

Girlfriend broke up with me, moved back home with family and wants to figure things [ 36 Answers ]

Please read this so you get a view of the entire pic. Thank you and God bless! My girlfriend and I just recently broke up. I am 25 and she is 23. We met in college as I was finishing up my college career. We were friends for a bit before we got romantically involved. At first I did not want...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend moved back [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriends ex just moved back to Michigan and she keeps calling him and trying to get his kids to want her to come back into his life and I am not really sure what to do about it. He swears up and down I have nothing to worry about but I don't if I should believe that or not... what should I...

View more questions Search