Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandapdavis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
    Internet explorer
    I know that I have a virus/bug/something in my internet explorer & I don't know how 2 get it out... this computer has not had internet access in a few months... mmm... like 8 or 9 I guess & my hubby and I just got dsl & we need internet explorer 2 use it... when I open IE it give me my welcome screen 2 setup then when I click next it goes to the next page 4 like 3 seconds then redirects itself to another page that is like some search engine or something but @ the top says page cannot be displayed... & in the address box there is no web address but it says something about acidheart something or another... if anyone could help me thatd be amazing!
    ND Rai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 05:51 AM
    I am using AOL wireless broadband but internet explorer is not working this problem has since last week how can I solve this problem?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amandapdavis
    I know that i have a virus/bug/something in my internet explorer & i dont know how 2 get it out...this computer has not had internet access in a few months...mmm...like 8 or 9 i guess & my hubby n i just got dsl & we need internet explorer 2 use it...when i open IE it give me my welcome screen 2 setup then when i click next it goes 2 the next page 4 liek 3 seconds then redirects itself to another page that is like some search engine or something but @ the top says page cannot be displayed...& in the address box there is no web address but it says something about acidheart something or another...if anyone could help me thatd b amazing!
    First, do you have anti-virus software? If so, have you used it to scan your system? Second, have you talks with the DSL tech support? There is a possibility that your system was not configured properly for the DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by ND Rai
    I am using aol wireless broadband but internet explorer is not working this problem has since last week how can i solve this problem?
    First, unless your question is directly related to the thread, its better to start your own thread rather then piggyback on someone else's. Doing so can create confusion about which answers are to which question.

Can you connect to AOL? Can you surf through AOL? Can you Ping the router or aol.com? What happens when you try to use IE?

Oct 11, 2006, 06:40 AM
    I'm just using AOL dial up @ the moment 2 try 2 figure out what's going on... I have att Yahoo high speed... even w/aol I can't get on IE. I called att & they said my prob was w/IE & not their stuff... I believe them... I didn't think that there was any antivirus on this computer (my husbands old laptop) but I just found some & I'm running it ill let you know what it comes up w/

Oct 11, 2006, 06:45 AM
    You need to determine whether you can access the Internet with your DSL (Open a command prompt and type PING aol.com. If it responds then your DSL connection is working and ATT is right. If it doesn't respond, call ATT back).

Once you determine whether you are connectiing you can then see what wrong with IE.

Oct 11, 2006, 07:52 AM
    OK sry I guess I hadn't refreshed my page... will I be able to go ahead & connect w/dsl if I haven't completely set it up yet? I know that its IE because whem I'm just randomly seraching online lots of things won't come up {page cnat be displayed} or if a new windows opens up & it opens w/ IE it won't come up...

also I ran a adware & antivirus... 11 were found on adware the antivirus came up w/nothing

Oct 11, 2006, 08:10 AM
    DSL shouldn't require too much setup. Once the carrier activates it, you just connect from the phone jack to your DSL modem then into your ethernet card (or router).

Once that is done you should be able to connect. If not, then you need to talk to your carrier.
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 11, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Have you tried using a different browser?

Oct 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
    Doesn't what broswer I use... I have a bug that is redirecting crap... acidheart win.htm... I can't find it therefore I can't delete it so I can't fix it... im very frustrated

Oct 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
    I can't find any reference to a virus by that name.

Oct 11, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Well I'm beginning 2 think that it's a ghost because I searched the files on my computer & found where it is... & when IE closes out it closes itself out... what do you think that means?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet ? [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine sign on to blackplant.com but can no longer get into their home page from their cpu but I can get in to their home pg from my cpu is their a way to solve this problem if so how?

Opinions of the Internet [ 22 Answers ]

I was on the ask me help desk site for teens and I was looking for new posts to help with when I saw the ads on the page they went as such: CUTE BLACK GUYS: Date Sexy Black Singles. Join Tens of Thousands of Black Singles. Cute Young Guy: Meet men with similar for dating & more. Go search...

Internet Trouble Please HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I am having serious trouble with my Internet Explorer. Let me tell you what is going on. I have a laptop with wireless internet connection and I have an ethernet port I use too. Every time I click on the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop (or anywhere else at that) it says that it needs to close...

Internet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm having a problem with my internet explorer browser every time I'm on a web page and I click on the internet explorer icon to bring up a new internet explorer the first page keep changing ,I'm using windows xp this is the fist time I'm seeing this how can I fix it please .thanks in advance

Internet explorer 6 [ 2 Answers ]

I got the system with win98SE platform. It got a IE 5in it. Now, I want to upgrade it to IE 6. But, whenever I down load the installation file from the Microsoft site which is for 436 kb & when I run it, it tells, previous installation is not completed & restart the machine to install IE6. So, I...

View more questions Search