Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dskcmk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2003, 03:18 AM
    Interest only loan
    I am looking into refinacing my mortgage with an interest only loan. Any pros or cons? Let me know.
    nrjohns Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2003, 11:25 AM
    Interest only loan
    Here is a place for you to start gathering info!
    http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/mtg/20020620a.asp

Hope this helps you! :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Hello ds:

There are plenty of pros and cons regarding an interest only loan. But, you're asking the wrong question. The question you should be asking yourself, is "do I NEED, and can I handle, an interest only loan?

If you do, then shop for the best deal you can find. If you don't, then you're asking for a whole lot of trouble.

excon
    three4clarin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dskcmk
    I am looking into refinacing my mortage with an intrest only loan. Any pros or cons? Let me know.
    right now, I have a loan with options of payments, I need out and offering interest only loans
    starwarsgal Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Please be careful.
    For starters, the name is misleading. There is no such thing as an interest-only mortgage, because eventually you'll have to pay the loan principal as well. What you're really getting is an interest-only payment method/choice.
    The other thing you'll want to keep in mind is that the benefits are way overblown. In the early years of a standard mortgage, the interest takes up about 95 cents of each dollar paid to the lender. The standard payment on a 6%, $100,000 loan is about $600; of that, $500 is interest, "saving" you just $100 per month. Moreover, not paying any principal now means that you'll pay more interest later. The thing to remember is if you don't pay towards the principle, you end up owing more later.
    Hope this helps. My husband and I have been in the business for years, we educate borrowers and we may be the most honest loan officers left - I would not sell you on an interest only loan. Unless you are a savy investor and you can leverage your money.
    If you need help with your mortgage needs, please feel free to reach out.
    Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a loan [ 5 Answers ]

I have bad credit but I have been at my job for 5 years now is there any company out there that would be willing to give me a personal loan or does anyone know of any way or anyone that would be willing to finance me. Right now I really need a loan. Will someone please help me

Need an SBA loan [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Is there a way to get an SBA loan with bad credit?

Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I will be purchasing a new car soon.I currecntly have very little outstanding bills. I own my home outright with no mortgage. I want to get a loan to pay for the car and maybe even buy a travel trailor. What would be the best type of loan for me to get, or should I use several diffent loans.

View more questions Search