lanevo9mrgsr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Utility to boost dual channel performance
    I have:
    asus a7v8xmx-se motherboard with via km-400 chipset
    amd 2400+ at 2.0 ghz
    160 gb hdd
    dvd/cd combo
    1 gb ddr (3-3-3-8) at 200mhz clock(effective ram is 960 mb at 199.1mhz giving 612mbps data tranfsfer rate)
    winxp home premium(32-bit)

I read that a single ddr channel has 64 bit bus width

I rarely use 800mb of my ram(I tried my best,but it didn't go above 900mb of usage),even when I am gaming and the cpu is fully loaded.
    usually,I use about 400mb of ram.

I'll add 1gb of similar ddr stick.

what I want:
    a software that can:- copy data between the rams... in effect both rams have the same data... suppose stick A has data1 and data2
    stick B has data3
    the software should copy the data between rams such that
    stick A has data1,data2 and data3
    stick B has data1,data2 and data3
    (this should happen only if
    data1+data2+data3=(or <)the max capacity of 960mb)
    when cpu requests data1,data2 or data3,the software should give the data from both sticks... like split the requested data into half and serve each half from one stick.

what I think to be the result:
    when cpu needs data1 or data2 or data3,it will get the data at 128bits per second instead of the normal 64bits per second.

the third party software will use some of the cpu... so I want it to run when cpu load is less than 100% for other processes combined... and I want the software to be optimized for this task so that it uses very little memory and cpu for itself.
    my cpu usage while not gaming is an average of 10% and while gaming it is 98%.

Will it improve my system performance?
    only 1 way to find it out... I'll have to try it.I think my other-than-games softwares will run faster... 'coz games already use the most out of the cpu as I don't have a good graphics card.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lanevo9mrgsr View Post
    'coz games already use the most out of the cpu as i don't have a good graphics card.
    That's your problem of course, it's the 3D gaming with a sub-par graphics card. I don't know of any utility that does the low-level RAM you wish and frankly I don't think it would make a difference. You need a better gaming video card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did this guy use me as an ego boost [ 1 Answers ]

I won't go into detail, but when the guy I liked found out I liked him (my friend just told him one day in convo) he some things to suggest he liked me but is shy or was at least interested in me. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl and he has been made fun of a lot for being a pansy. We...

Set up Dish 2 channel box to record on one channel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I think that I understand this but I want to ask if my I have gotten is right. I am getting a dual channel Dish box. I currently have my single channel Dish box hooked up to a Sony DMR EZ27 DVD recorder. I have the Main (the shielded single cable) video output going from the Dish box...

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is [ 0 Answers ]

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is

Ego Boost [ 9 Answers ]

How can a help boost this guy's ego? I unwillingly bruised his ego at some point and I want to try to undo that HOW? He's somebody I care about. --thanks

Will XP PRO work on a 64 bit Dual Channel PC [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a new PC using a gigabyte 939 Dual Channel MB with 2 gigs of Dual Channel DDR ram. I have most of what I need bought, but I bave heard that a lot of devices I use don't have 64 bit drivers yet so can I continual using XP PRO on this PC until enough drivers are available. Also would...

View more questions Search