Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crinnert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 06:30 PM
    17 year old having sex with 21 year old boyfriend in nc
    We just discovered that 3 nights ago our daughter snuck out her window with her 21 year old boyfriend while he was up visiting. If she is taken to the doctor for exam to see if still a virgin or not do they have a legal obligation to tell me due to him being 21. And if there is any legal action that can be taken against the 21 year old boyfriend.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 06:50 PM

Many states have changed the law to a minor 16 to 18 can be with someone up to 4 yrs older or adult.
    From what I have looked up North Carolina age of consent is 16.

Under North Carolina law, the age of consent is 16 for both men and women. This is the age at which a person may legally consent to sex with an adult. This covers heterosexual acts. The state doesn’t have a valid law that covers age of consent for homosexual acts.. . Age of Consent Laws - Family Laws - Labor Law Talk Blog

I have checked other sites as well.

Unfortunately for the parents many states now have schools passing out condoms and having their doctors tell them it is okay to have sex at young ages. Then they wonder why teens and teen age pregnancies are the way they are today.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 06:55 PM

It appears that in NC that a 17 year old can decide to legally have sex.

It may be worth a talk with the DA to see if there is any new laws or other charges, such as interfering with custody, a adult taking your minor child out without permission. That they may be able to charge.

You may also get a restraining order or order of protection against him to keep him away in the future
    jripper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
    If she waited till she was 17 yo then count yourself lucky.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 25, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crinnert View Post
    ... do they have a legal obligation to tell me due to him being 21. ...
    Who? The doctor? I think not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex-boyfriend wants to see me after a 4 year breakup [ 45 Answers ]

I broke up with my ex-boyfriend 4 years ago after being in a 10 year relationship with him. He e-mailed me yesterday and I know I saw him by my job as well yesterday, so I text him asking him was he by my job and he texted me back saying the man I saw wasn't him. He told me he would like to see...

I'm stuck with my 3 year boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I am truly in love with mark. I really don't feel my feelings have changed since 3 years ago but he has changed. I try my best to make him happy and I feel like he still is holding back from me. He used to be thrilled to be dated me and would let me know by occasionally stopping by unexpectedly...

30 year woman without ever having had a boyfriend ever, am I normal? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I already posted this in an old topic but I decided to start my own threat. I am a 30 year old woman who has never had a boyfriend in my life, mostly because of choice but also because of low self esteem and also and I am very aware of that because of some traumas in my past. I have...

Boyfriend of a year fears he will never love me [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a little over a year said that he fears that he will never love me the way I want him to love me. We have basically lived with him for about 10 months and officially for about 4. Things are great, we are great companions and love to do the same things. I am hyper-emotional and he is...

21, 3 year boyfriend . Never had an orgasm [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been togther for about 3 and a half years. We have sex.. not a lot but we have sex. I try so hard to have an orgasm and it doesn't come. He is great.. oral and intercourse. Once I hit the peak point I pull away or start crying. I can't handle the feeling. It is too...

View more questions Search