Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sachabeemer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Flat roof
    How much slope does a flat roof need to have?
    sachabeemer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 06:17 PM

How much slope does a flat roof have to have on it
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

Jun 14, 2009, 06:34 PM

sachabeemer, the slope of the typical flat roof is anywhere between 0:12 to 3:12. Anything over 3 is labeled as steep slope. If you have a truly flat 0 rise roof, then you can install tapered insulation to create slope. In order to use the roof as anything other than a roof, such as a garden or deck area, then 1:12 is preferable. Are you installing a roof system or a deck system preparing for a roof?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insulation of flat roof [ 7 Answers ]

I just had the roof and plywood replaced over a 1950s addition. I exposed the rafters in the ceiling below. My question is, after I insulate with 6 1/2 kraft faced, what can I use for a vapor barrier, between insulation and sheetrock?

Framing a flat roof [ 115 Answers ]

I am getting ready to embark on a home addition. It will be 10'x5' and will be three stories high. The rest of my home has a flat roof and for consistency sake we would like the addition to have a flat roof as well. Can anyone help me figure out how to frame a flat roof? The addition will be...

Tarping a flat roof [ 2 Answers ]

Hello need some help trying to tarp a flat roof with a/c unit on it what is the best was to stop water from coming in around the units don't want to cover the a/c unit they will burn up

Attach gable roof to flat roof [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a three season attached screenroom. We are uncertain how to attach the gable roof to the present roof (gabled in the opposite direction, so the attachment is on the flat side). We have spent hours trying to locate do it yourself instructions and can only find do it yourself kits...

Shingles not flat on new roof [ 5 Answers ]

Just had a new roof installed with all new plywood etc. Looks like a fine job except that most of the shingles do not lie 100%flat on the bottom. Someone told me that it's because the weather is still cold (it was installed beginning of December in NY) and that if it were warm, that the shingles...

View more questions Search