Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PatriciaTurner Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Excess Skin after Losing 153 lbs
    I have lost over 150 lbs and now I'm left with a lot of skin. I didn't quite get 1000 calories a day. I haven't exercised like I should either. Is it too late to exercise and lift weights to get rid of the skin? Has anyone lost extra skin after dramatic weight loss? Im 38 and a lot of people are divided on the issue. Some say yes some say no.. :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 15, 2009, 05:37 AM

Patricia there isn't much you can do for that loose skin, but you have your age to back you up (from my own experience) and you really must exercise and it takes a while to tone. Here are some suggestions from website Suite101.com:

Ways to Tighten Loose Skin After Extreme Weight Loss

* Continue to exercise regularly
    * Concentrate on strength training exercises
    * Eat lean poultry and other proteins with each meal
    * Try over-the-counter creams to tighten the loose skin
    * Consider surgical options to remove hanging skin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing relationship of 6 years / Losing 2 Houses [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my b/f for over 6 years. About 2 years ago I moved to another state with him to try to make things work better for us, financially & personal. He lost a very lucrative job about a year ago (the co. closed down) which paid for a house we both are on mtg & he also paid for another...

Skin getting dark and face losing shape [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Friends, Please Help me as I'm 25yrs old Male getting dark day by day not able to get do even my face is losing shape (distorting) help how can I get fairness and look good... many of my friends say I looking older than my age as :( help I have given lnk below for my pics Earlier...

Losing belly skin [ 3 Answers ]

How do I lose stubborn belly skin after weight loss

Bags / excess skin uder eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im a 29yr old male and have always looked fairly young for my age but over last few months I have rapidly developed bags / excess skin under my eyes which look worse when I smile and squint giving my large wrinkles (which make me look a lot older than I should). I have always had, to some...

View more questions Search