Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmaztwins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 02:48 PM
    AC Blower motor/fan not working
    We recently reconnected a 5 year old Coleman 2 ton outside package unit after installing new ductwork on a manufactured home that was recently purchased. The unit was working properly i.e. blowing nice cold air but stopped working that evening (6-8hr). The blower motor/fan is not working and the coils were frozen over when we removed the cover panel this morning. After defrosting the unit the blower motor will not run but everything else seems to be working. Any help? Really, really tight budget so were hoping this is something we can fix ourselves. Thanks
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 02:54 PM

Does the motor spin by hand? Look for the start capacitor. Check the wireing and check the capacitor for a swell on top it should be flat.

Jun 15, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Yes the motor spins by hand... I am going over now to check the capacitor. Is this something that I will be able to replace myself? Thanks

Jun 15, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    does the motor spin by hand? look for the start capacitor. check the wireing and check the capacitor for a swell on top it should be flat.
    We have replaced the capacitor (cost $20 at a local AC shop) and unit is running well. Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennon blower motor not working [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, Woke up nice and warm last night, upstairs ac had stopped working. Compressor outside is running, but no blower. Tried manually setting the fan from Auto to ON, nothing. Doesn't matter if I have it set to heat or AC. Using a Honeywell programmable thermostat, swapped the upstairs one...

Hvac blower motor not working [ 2 Answers ]

HVAC blower motor does not come on in either the heat mode, a/c mode. Or fan only mode. However, it comes on in emergency heat mode. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Blower motor not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a bryant heat and air unit,fairly 10yrs old. I have replaced the motor in it once last year . The motor will not start ,I have checked the thermostat,fuse and breaker,all seem to be OK. Not sure about the capacitor. Can you help?

Fan blower motor not working [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace fan blower motor is not working(quit). It doesn't run. It had a flat spot and my husband was able to get it going, but now it won't run at all. My question is will it be cheaper to fix it or to buy a new one and where can I find one? My husband is an electrician and probably can...

View more questions Search