Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    w0rb Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Received Error trying to install Windows Vista upgrade
    Iam trying to upgrade Windows XP to Vista home premium. I went on line and downloaded the check my system and everything was graded OK. I then attempted to load Windows Vista Home Premium and when I hit install I got an error code: 0x80004005, The computer does not have enough space for temporay files, Windows installation needs at least 392 MB. I have 100 Gig of free space on my hard drive. Help please.
    guardian77 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by w0rb View Post
    Iam trying to upgrade Windows XP to Vista home premium. I went on line and downloaded the check my system and everything was graded ok. I then attempted to load Windows Vista Home Premium and when I hit install I got an error code: 0x80004005, The computer does not have enough space for temporay files, Windows installation needs at least 392 MB. I have 100 Gig of free space on my hard drive. Help please.
    I realize that your trying to upgrade vista from xp instead of from 98 to xp as per the topic shown on this page, however I still feel that this may be your problem please read the topic on this link.

"Error Code: 0x80004005” error message when you install Windows XP
    guardian77 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by w0rb View Post
    Iam trying to upgrade Windows XP to Vista home premium. I went on line and downloaded the check my system and everything was graded ok. I then attempted to load Windows Vista Home Premium and when I hit install I got an error code: 0x80004005, The computer does not have enough space for temporay files, Windows installation needs at least 392 MB. I have 100 Gig of free space on my hard drive. Help please.
    I realize that your trying to upgrade vista from xp instead of from 98 to xp as per the topic shown on this page, however I still feel that this may be your problem please read the topic on this link.

"Error Code: 0x80004005” error message when you install Windows XP
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 14, 2009, 03:11 PM

Are you booting to XP and then running the upgrade or booting directly to the upgrade disk?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Vista error after update [ 6 Answers ]

On my windows vista laptop, an update came up and I pressed restart now and then it took ages to update and do everything, but when it turned back on again it said I had an error and could only log on to my main user. If I tried to log on to the other 3 users then it said "group policy client...

Error code 19 in Windows Vista [ 4 Answers ]

Received error code 19 when installing the driver for Canon Printer MP970. It has something to do with corruption or missing data in the windows registry. Would appreciate any help you can give me.

Windows Vista error [ 5 Answers ]

Cannot, create, file, c:\windows\system32\lang\wzrdlang.bin

Windows Vista Premium Error 8024402C [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Unable to get Microsoft Windows Update, error 8024402C on Windows Vista Premium with Norton Security. Michel..

Can't install printer to vista windows [ 4 Answers ]

I have tried to install this printer three times and nothing happens. The disc says lexmark 640 but the printer it self says z645 I need help. What can I do now I'm getting very :mad: thank you for your time.

View more questions Search