Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Here are some service manuals for that dishwasher that may help: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Dish...ol-Kenmore.zip
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Here are two more: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/whir...dishwasher.pdf
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Whir...ice_manual.pdf
    Topboom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 09:58 AM
    My Kenmore model #665.1359K600 is doing the same thing, will not start after the door was open. The dishwasher has power to it, and power to the electronics control panel. I adjusted the door switch and reattached (glued) a small broken plastic piece back into place. Then I disconnected the power to reset the 'brain' and I still get nothing. I bought it in 2009, so it is now 4 years old, which seems to be the life cycle age others here are complaining about.

I am at a loss as to what to do now.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2013, 11:21 AM
    What I found was causing these problems is the touch pad. You have to turn off power and remove the circuit board with the touch pad; then remove the rubber pad cover carefully and clean the back side with shampoo or dishwashing soap and a soft toothbrush while carefully cleaning the little carbon switches attached to the rubber. Then do the same with the circuit board. Rinse with water and dry and then put both in the sun or a warm place to totally dry out. After you finish reattach the rubber pad to circuit board. Some people use a little GE Clear Silicone Caulk around edges, but use very little. You will notice little holes on circuit board to let air in. Some people get it to work by blowing contact cleaner and then air into those holes, but I think that it's best to clean it like a TV remote control as described above. Steam gets in there from being sucked in from temperature changes and high humidity and causes deposits that make it fail and buttons are then unresponsive. Make sure and check all connections after you clean it, too.
    mariebell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2014, 01:26 PM
    Hi, I have kenmore 665.132 dishwasher and similar probles with start button nor working unless we reset the circuit switch in the basement every time to run it. We ha a technician out and he said we needed a new latch door. I'm looking to order one now and repair ourselves. Hope this helps!
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2014, 10:04 PM
    If you will learn to use a simple digital multimeter you will be able to repair almost anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Dishwasher Not Working At All [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model #665 15779. It was working fine the other day and now it doesn't work at all. No lights in the display or anything either. I checked for power at the main connection and it is there. I opened up the front panel and checked the door switch and that appears to be...

Kenmore 665 Dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Model 665/15767000 dishwasher with the wash light flashing continuously. Unfortunately, we have misplaced the owner's manual and have no clue what to do. Can anyone enlighten us? Thanks!

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Won't Start [ 3 Answers ]

My dishwasher had been working for more than three years. Suddenly, it will not start and the Quick Rinse light is flashing. All control panel buttons became inactive. The Model/Serial is 665.15959000. I am trying to reset the dishwasher or run diagnostic so I can find out which part need to be...

View more questions Search