Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2006, 04:01 PM
    Some accounting issues
    Hello, I have a few general questions regarding case analysis issues.

1. Let's say I'm preparing statements (in Canada) for a bank. Assuming the bank does not REQUIRE GAAP statements, and I my main goal is tax minimization (as a private company with a not fully material loan), would it be reasonable to depreciate assets using the CCA format as directed by the Income Tax Act?

2. If I have a loan with a bank that has a covenant regarding a working capital ratio, how can I prepare statements (generally) so that the information I provide maximizes this ratio (obviously within reason).

3. As a shareholder, would I rather statements prepared with income maximization objective, or a cash flow predictability objective? I would think both are advantageous because 1) income max. increases stock price and dividends, and 2) cash flow pred. also influences dividends in the future, as well as future risk of the entity.

Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Two issues [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, I decided not to post... don't know how to delete threads! :)

Relationship issues [ 19 Answers ]

About seven months ago I became involved with a woman whose husband had abandoned her. At first our relationship revolved around her heartbreak over her husband's actions. He had been unfaithful to her on at least two occasions. He had moved out of the house twice. He had run up credit card debt in...

Commitment issues? [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating a gentlemen 6 months ago. He was very into me, giving me 100 percent. I work with a man who constantly asked me out. I told him I was dating Ted. Still he would ask me out. As my relationship continued ted and myself began to fight and bicker over little things. We broke up . We...

Some issues with Suse 9.2 who can help ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Installed Suse 9.2 on my laptop ( Acer aspire 3000 AMD ) Everything goes well except for connecting to Internet. The system fails to connect to Internet with error : The DHCP is already running on eth0.

IE issues [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new here, so I need a little help. Last Sunday, Internet Explorer stopped working (I have Win XP, as well as high-speed cable Internet BTW). So two days later, I called the cable company, and they told me to run a node test. It came out clean. Then they told me about a program called ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.