Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hph2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 03:29 AM
    I think my son has an eating disorder.
    Please answer me. I'm the mother of a seventeen year old boy. He's my world, and lately, I've noticed drastic mood changes and weight loss. Last year, he came out to me, and I'm aware that he's stressed out and gets teased a little at school. However, he is a smart boy and he knows that eating disorders are harmful. I just need some answers- why is he losing so much weight? Why are his moods all over the place? Why does he seem depressed and aloof? I'm worried about my son, so please answer..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 03:42 AM

Impossible to tell what is troubling your son hph, we can't diangnose over the internet. He could be responding to pressures of going through the teen years and that could be effecting his moods. As well the weight loss. Best to make a doctors appt. for him. At 17 hormones are running rampant in him right now.

Tick
    scooby1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hph2012 View Post
    Please answer me. I'm the mother of a seventeen year old boy. He's my world, and lately, I've noticed drastic mood changes and weight loss. Last year, he came out to me, and I'm aware that he's stressed out and gets teased a little at school. However, he is a smart boy and he knows that eating disorders are harmful. I just need some answers- why is he losing so much weight? Why are his moods all over the place? Why does he seem depressed and aloof? I'm worried about my son, so please answer..
    I have the same problem I buy him complan shakes which help you gain weight. My boy understands his problem and tries his best to forget about all of the teasing at school but lets it all out at me. So just be patient with him also he is probably stressed from shool also puberty will change his moods hope I helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it an eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

Erm its my first time using this site so I'm sorry if I babble on When I started year 9 at my high school I started to put on weight and it was fast in the space of a year I went from 10 stone to 16 (OMG) and I was picked on a lot of the time because of it. Then I joined college which was a...

Eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have one or not, but I keep taking self tests online and they say I'm something like "high risk" not really sure what that means but anyway. I just had a baby and before I had her I weighed 135 and while I was pregnant I went up to 168 now I'm at 145 and I feel huge! I can't help...

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

Im unsure of what to do anymore. Just over a year ago I lost a lot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. A lot of things happened, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close...

Do I have an eating disorder? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the past few months I've been obsessed with losing weight I lost over a stone and according to my BMI I'm a healthy weight (20.3) but every time I look in the mirror all I can of is how fat I think I look. I cut the amount of food I ate in a day down to less than one meal and day. My friends...

Eating disorder [ 8 Answers ]

Has any one suffered from eating disorder? I have eatind disorder since I was 17.actually I have no idea what I have exactly, one day I woke up so bloated and I can smell the food from last night in my stomach and from that day regular meals like 3 times a day makes me bloated like I am 6 months...

View more questions Search