Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mob90019 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 03:59 PM
    I Need Help-consumer Protection
    Hello. Here's the very frustrating deal. I recently bought an RCA HD TV from Best Buy. The price? $2000. The problem? After only 6 mnths, it is broken. Best Buy won't help us-- they say because we didn't buy the "extended warranty", although I've read from other consumers online that they would be just as much of a nightmare if we did have the "extended warranty," and MORE IMPORTANTLY, we can't get RCA to help us because, get this- it's really not RCA anymore- it's Thomson manufacturers and they are French owned. After having done some research online, this exact faulty manufacturing has occurred with MANY, MANY other buyers who have been put through the ringer trying to see some results from this so-called company about their defective televisions. Ourselves, we called and were told someone would be out to "take a look" and "replace the bulb." Still have heard nothing-- this was two weeks ago. I have read account after account after account of people who have been through this already, who have even had their televisions in these so-called repair shops for months and still have not heard anything!! I can already see how this is going to go and I feel so helpless and powerless and angry. Basically I will have to continue to pay $200/month on my bestbuy credit card for a product that does not work, and that no one is willing or able to fix. We are still, by the way, under the one year warranty. PLEASE HELP!! Any information or guidance that can be provided would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2006, 04:04 PM
    Hello mob:

If the TV broke during the time you were covered by the "the one year warranty" and they won't fix it, sue them in small claims court.

Although, a phone call to Best Buy legal department ought to get them off the dime.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Consumer Electronics Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

My business and personal interest has to do with consumer electronics and technology of all types (car, home, audio, video, computing, communication, etc.) On the business side my clients are companies like Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, LG, Samsung, and others like them, who make these products. It...

Consumer Fraud.. Please Help! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys and gals.. Here's my problem.. I sent my laptop in for repair two weeks ago. The problem I was having was that the power cord would not stay plugged in to the back. The plug-in hole had gotten wallowed out over the past two years. Well, after inspection, they told me they were...

Consumer Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a new bankruptcy procedure in Chapter 7 matters due to debts that involve credit card obligations?

View more questions Search