Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaundra123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Just curious
    I was with me ex for three and a half years. I have left since feb. 27. I have let him go but find myself having some serious trust issues. Will that always be a problem or can I overcome it eventually?
    caramilk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 05:16 PM

You know what you will defenently be over it cause you will find someone else who is right for you just give it time.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 05:20 PM

Just realize that everyone is different. When you meet a new person, you give them a clean slate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 05:23 PM

It depends, it can be a issue forever if you let it. If you are having problems counseling may help.
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Jun 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Don't rely on another person to show you that you can trust them again. Learn to work through your own insecurities (because that's typically where unfounded trust issues start) and you'll be able to overcome this particular obstacle in life.

We all go through a similar phase, particularly after losing our first major loves. Make sure that you are prepared to trust someone, but not give it too blindly. There needs to be a balance so that you do not push them away or let them walk all over you.

Best of luck :)

~ Tee
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 05:41 PM

What are your trust issues exactly? Can your mate have friends of the opposite sex? Do they have to check up on with you every hour when they go out?

I do believe you can only "fix" yourself. Even the "right" person couldn't fix you, in fact with trust issues you could even destroy any potential good relationship.

I would suggest reading some self-help books, surrounding yourself with good friends, and become more active in your life.

Focus on yourself first, then worry about love later.

Sarah
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 06:06 PM
    Trust yourself first. You write as if you think you made an error with the ex, and the trust you're having an issue with is in your own judgement.

Even Annie Oakley missed once in a while. Take some time with the next one and get some evidence as to whether he's worth investing yourself in. Not private eye/detective type evidence, merely take time to form an opinion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 11:01 AM

Work hard on your issues, but first you need to acknowledge them. What are they?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just curious [ 16 Answers ]

I for one know that my ex has done some really unforgivable things in the past couple months but in all honesty if he could convince me he was genuinly sorry I would probably take him back. I'm just curious how many of you dumpees would take back your ex's even after 2, 4, 6 months? That includes...

Curious about a three sum [ 24 Answers ]

Well I'm seeing this guy a few months, and were up for everything, he wants to have a full on 3 sum. Lately I've been finding girls atractive,(im not gay just curious) so I agreed, but in a 3 sum someone gets more left out ye? He wants to have it with his ex girlfriend, so I'm afraid I'm going to...

Just curious [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if you have very irregular periods, like to where you might not see your period until 3months later, is it possible to still get pregnant if you have unprotected sex within those 3 months? Just curious..

Just Curious [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone ever had a sonagram that said the baby was a boy, and then it turned out to be a girl? I know that this probably sounds silly, because the aren't really ever wrong about boys, they are more likely wrong about girls. I just keep having these dreams that I have a girl. I am very excited to...

Just curious [ 4 Answers ]

What does the term hems and haws mean?

View more questions Search