Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 2, 2006, 10:22 PM
    atheist is someone that does not believe in God. That does not make you a devilworshiper it just means you don't believe in anything.
    No it means you don't believe in God.
    helixfire Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2006, 12:44 AM
    I understand that you worry about him. But if you care about him that much then you accept him right? So if you accept who he is as a person, then you should be able to respect his views as well. Whether you find them negative in the end it's still his choice, his views, his mind. Cherish the time you spend with him now and worry about the future when it gets here.
    puppetkicks Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 02:14 AM
    Talaniman that is what I said -athiest is someone that does not believe in God. - That is the definition.

That does not make you a devilworshiper it just means you don't believe in anything.-That is my opinion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2006, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetkicks
    Talaniman that is what I said -athiest is someone that does not believe in God. - That is the definition.

That does not make you a devilworshiper it just means you don't believe in anything.-That is my opinion.
    My friend of a number of years is an atheist, he doesn't believe in God but he believes in the science of creation and he thinks he should be a good human being. I consider him a good person, that why when you say they don't believe in anything may not be accurate, I respect your opinion though and its all good to me.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 3, 2006, 04:58 AM
    Has he told you himself that he is an atheist?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2006, 06:29 AM
    if you read the Bible the you would now one of the ten commandments is Thou Shalt Not Judge, so I guess you must be a hypocritic if you didn't know that. You can't go around preaching religion and not know what is in the Bible. So, to answer your question, an athiest is someone that does not believe in God. That does not make you a devilworshiper it just means you don't believe in anything.
    There is a saying about people in glass houses... Maybe YOU should be reading the bible. Which commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Judge"? The closest I could find what the one about not bearing false witness.

Second an Atheist is someone who does not believe in ANY God(s). So the next step is to define what is a god:
    1. God
      1. <LI type=a>A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
      2. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
    2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
    3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
    4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
    In my opinion, a god is the personification of natural forces. Therefore one can believe in natural forces without personifying them into an intelligent being. And that would make one an atheist.

Finally Tal was right in correcting you. An atheist may be believe in many things. An atheist simply doesn't believe in gods to say; "means you don't believe in anything" is not accurate.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 3, 2006, 03:11 PM
    I say don't worry unless you hear it straight from him, or better yet, not worry at all. Love should be unconditional, right?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:38 PM
    There is something wrong going on here if you read the Bible the you would now one of the ten commandments is Thou Shalt Not Judge, so I guess you must be a hypocritic if you didn't know that. You can't go around preaching religion and not know what is in the Bible.
    No, it isn't one of the Ten Commandments. It is one of the teachings of Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount:

"Judge not that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the same measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother 'Let me remove the speck out of your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Mathew 7:1-5. (New King James Version)

Exactly on-point, don't you think?
    puppetkicks Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Ok, I am sorry that I got it wrong, but I did know that it said you shouldn't judge other people. I'm sorry for making some people mad but we don't have a rite to judge people unless you're a Saint and have never done anything wrong in our life. Maybe he has his reasons for not believing. Sometimes I feel the same way.
    BabiMilokid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 09:58 PM
    There's nothing you can do because there's nothing to be done your boyfriend made a choice to be what he is. Besides trying to influenece him there's nothing to be done in the end its his choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Atheist and the Bear [ 3 Answers ]

=: The Atheist and the Bear := An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned and saw a 7-foot grizzly ...

What in the world is this? [ 6 Answers ]

I've never run into a webpage like this before (give it a minute to load): http://www.space.com/images/google.html What in the world is it? Why would someone take the time to do all that - and what purpose does it serve? ... just curious.

Please someone help me It would mean the world truly. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a soon to be 18 year old who will start my Senior year of High School. I have a friend who lives in Kentucky it's a she. We've known each other for two years talked to each other through phone,internet, and letters. We both love each other as friends an see each other as dating material...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

World Geography [ 1 Answers ]

What are alluvial fans?

View more questions Search