Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simonbashar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Automatically update master file to others
    I have 5 files and one master file.I want to automatically update those 5 files when I
    Input on master file.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2009, 06:23 AM

You need to give us more details. Do you mean files or tables? What database platform are you working in? Why do you have multiple copies of a master? Any other details you think pertinent may also help.
    simonbashar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 07:54 PM

I have a excel file name "order in hand".I made many reports by using "pivot report" in
    That file.On the other hand I need 5 more copies because other 5 person use that file with different Pivot Report.
    Usually I made 5 copies of "order in hand" and then made different reports and send to different person.This is time consuming.Now I want My "order in hand" sheet linked with other 5 (folders,files, drive),so that when I input any data on; it change/ update data with other 5. I will make various report for their need first time, than I refreshing report ant send it to them
    Hope I clear my question to u.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 14, 2009, 05:55 AM

Yes that helps. I've moved your question to the Spreadsheets forum since it's a spreadheet issue, not a database issue.

But there is one more question here. Do the 5 users you share this spreadsheet with have access to a shared drive on your LAN? If not, there is nothing else you can do to automatically have their copies update.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can indian master degree eligible to apply for H1 master degree quota? [ 4 Answers ]

HI I have a master degree(2 year) in computer science engineering from an Indian university. Would I be able to apply for H1 visa under h1 master degree quota?? Or would I be able to apply under both general and master degree quota? Help me out guys.. Thanks,

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Linking cells that can update automatically [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 sheets.Sheet 2 cell E5 has a number 123 I want to link it to sheet 1 A4 but when I get to A5 it must be updated automatically to E5 sheet 2:mad:

View more questions Search