Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neelkamal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 06:18 AM
    About writing.
    Hii... Do a person's writing indicates the nature of that person. If ysee than why? If no than why sir ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 03:31 PM

Hi, Neelkamal!

Are you asking these things for some kind of homework assignment? It would be helpful to know that.

I think that whether what a person writes shows the nature of that person, would be dependent upon the subject matter and intent of what's being written.

So, it would help us to know here about the kind of writing the person would be doing.

Thanks!
    RGwriter Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Neelkamal!

Are you asking these things for some kind of homework assignment? It would be helpful to know that.

I think that whether or not what a person writes shows the nature of that person, would be dependent upon the subject matter and intent of what's being written.

So, it would help us to know here about the kind of writing the person would be doing.

Thanks!
    Clough, would you say then that it is in the nature of the author to become a serial killer if the author writes only about fictitious serial killers? Just curious what your thoughts are :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RGwriter View Post
    Clough, would you say then that it is in the nature of the author to become a serial killer if the author writes only about fictitious serial killers? Just curious what your thoughts are :)
    I'd say that person has a very vivid imagination.

As to the OP, I agree with Clough, it depends on the subject etc.

I wrote a children's book, I'm not a duck, but my main character is. Does that mean I secretly want to be a duck? ;)
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 06:37 PM

I just wrote a novel about a space vampire. I'm obviously not a space vampire, but she did reflect some of my feelings (mostly "stupid humans!").
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    I just wrote a novel about a space vampire. I'm obviously not a space vampire, but she did reflect some of my feelings (mostly "stupid humans!").
    Maybe we should introduce her to my duck. ;)

My duck is an overweight, overindulged pet. I'm neither.

Plus, I don't have feathers or webbed feet. Or do I? :eek:
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 29, 2009, 02:41 AM
    My duck is a superhero. Someday I'm going to finish the artwork for him... lol

I waddle like a duck because I am a pregnant house. Does that count?
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 03:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Maybe we should introduce her to my duck. ;)

My duck is an overweight, overindulged pet. I'm neither.

Plus, I don't have feathers or webbed feet. Or do I? :eek:
    LOl alty, I think your safe... of course whether you have webbed feet I cannot say ;) But from your picture I can't say I can remember any feathers.. lol unless they are hidden in some way

Hehe your duck should meet my mermaid, they could waddle together and swim in the ocean ;)

But in all seriousness. I don't really think that what you write necessarily reflect who you are, of course it can if you chose to reflect who you are in what you write.

But if I sit down and write about a serial killer (whether it be a poem, or novel or short story) That wouldn't be a reflection of who I am...

Of course if I was a serial killer or had a secret desire to kill people (no worries AMHD mmbrs :p I have no such desires, never have had such desires and prob never will ;)) but if I did then it would be a reflection of me I guess.

But of course like Elieen said: your writing can reflect your own emotions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to know p are in writing minutes and what really writing [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the procedures in writing minutes and what really entails in writing minutes.

Tv writing [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to go to school to be a TV writer. Or is there a school for TV writers:)

Writing a bio [ 1 Answers ]

I want to submit a novel but they ask for a bio what's the best way to write a bio of myself where do I begin :( brain freeze here

Still no writing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there again, I am still having problems with writing coming up on websites, I have tried restarting the computer, but there is still no writing, and I still have to highlight the writing to be able to read it. Thanks for the suggestion Sarah. Please help :confused:

Writing a Novel [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im new to this... please help me. I would like to start writing a novel. Where do I start? Im in the USA, CA, and would like help and assistance Deliah

View more questions Search