Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xad Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 03:07 AM
    "Bleaching destroyed my skin" - BBC Article - Bio Claire Mentioned
    As mentioned in the thread title, came across this article some might find interesting:
    BBC NEWS | Have Your Say | Africa Have Your Say | 'Bleaching destroyed my skin'

Also, I'm not 100% sure whether she's saying bio claire caused problems, or something else she used along with bio claire. Can anyone work it out?

Is bio claire really that strong/dangerous? I thought it works by simply preventing melanin from being produced as opposed to literally bleaching your skin?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jun 13, 2009, 03:41 AM

Good grief! That picture of her at the top of the article, it looks quite scary! She has a sort of greenish tinge.

She said Bio Clear, is that the same as Bio Claire?

Someone did post a while ago saying that the Bio Claire lotion contained hydroquinone and that is was being re called back. Maybe it was just that batch that contained the ingredient?

Jun 13, 2009, 04:37 AM

Oops, you're right, it said Bio Clear, not sure if that's a typo (or lost in translation) or a different product, although it's mentioned she used the oil & cream, and Bio Claire comes in both.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Jun 13, 2009, 03:05 PM
    She also mentioned a gel... could she have used a fake BC? :confused:
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 04:22 PM

Bio clair is so un-natural people it comes from africa and well you never know what's in those creams when they come from that region of the globe, yep you take your chances
    innuendo Posts: 81, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2009, 04:58 PM

lighterrr you said you were using movate gel from africa you are contradictin yourself now
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
    lighterrr u said u were using movate gel from africa
    Yes I did cause I am in africa right now, I did it because I got darker and it ended up lightening me with white spots, not mj white but rihanna white, so I had to stop the african movate usage, doc says I have vitilligo now, IM A HOT MESS:(

Jun 16, 2009, 05:07 PM

lighterrr, any pictures? Even something like an arm. Just curious.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 06:19 PM

Pic of what my spots I haven't taken any but their not pretty

Jun 16, 2009, 06:32 PM

Oh, so it's just spots? I thought it was different coloured skin. Never mind.
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    yes i did cause i am in africa right now, i did it because i got darker and it ended up lightening me with white spots, not mj white but rihanna white, so i had to stop the african movate usage, doc says i have vitilligo now, IM A HOT MESS:(
    Girl you need to get yourself together. Im not trying to be funny I'm concerned because you are really ruining your skin! You need to stop what your doing or get something natural (yea some natural products take along time to work but atleaste you know its not ruining your skin)
    innuendo Posts: 81, Reputation: 5

Jun 17, 2009, 06:26 AM

Yes lighterr you need to stop you have a problem. If the pics you showed me are real then you have achieved a nice complexion. You need to stop there and maintain it with natural lighteners like kojic or arbutin. Stop using chemicals.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 07:00 AM

Thxx for your caring guys, I used retina today and nothing else
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Jun 17, 2009, 09:53 AM

Lighter... Oh that's terrible!

I feel awful about your condition .

Xad is right though... WHy don't you show us your viitligo patches to make others understand what you did was not a good thing..

Perhaps it will motivate all of us to refrain from lightening like we are... especially with mono and movate..

Please show us your vitiligo pics.. even a face foto with your eyes hidden will be fine...

God bless !

Jun 17, 2009, 09:55 AM

Lighterr we all understand and realise that you are one of the most genuine people on this forum.

Please help us understand the implications of using mono... by showing us a couple of your pics with the spots...

Awaiting your response
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 10:41 AM

I am not sure if I can upload it on the thread but ill show you my arms and chest where the patches are plentiful, it wasn't the movate that did me in it was the mono

Tell me how to upload the pics on the thread and ill do it

Jun 18, 2009, 10:08 AM

Lighterr... yes would appreciate if you could show us your arm pics and chest pics with mono patches...

Also if you could show your face with perhapsyour eyes and nose hidden ,

All we could see is your skin then.. that will be a safe prospect !

All the best though towards recovery
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    lighterr...... yes would appreciate if you could show us your arm pics and chest pics with mono patches.....

also if you could show your face with perhapsyour eyes and nose hidden ,

all we could see is your skin then .. that will be a safe prospect !

All the best tho towards recovery
    Thxx gorgeous
    Cynbenet Posts: 9, Reputation: 4
    -

Jun 20, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic View Post
    Good grief! That picture of her at the top of the article, it looks quite scary! She has a sort of greenish tinge.

She said Bio Clear, is that the same as Bio Claire?

Someone did post a while ago saying that the Bio Claire lotion contained hydroquinone and that is was being re called back. Maybe it was just that batch that contained the ingredient?

LOL! You are correct! And I don't feel sorry for her either.. she should have kept her natural brown color instead of having low self esteem!
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2009, 05:08 PM

That's the greenish look iwas telling you about... be careful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information/Article: Protect Your Dog From a "Vaccine Junkie" [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the information/file I referred to in one of my answers regarding dog vaccines. I encourage anyone to read this, especially those with animals as well as those who care for them. 16674

Does society prefer "light skin" or "dark skin?" [ 12 Answers ]

Hello To All, My name is linksys2000. I am new to Ask Me Help Desk....well somewhat new, nowadays. However, I've found this forum to be extremely informative and exciting! Thanks for providing in depth information on various topics and taking the time to keep everyone informed. This will be...

Follow-up to "Religion must be destroyed" [ 51 Answers ]

Found this interesting blog today. It addresses the same subject we discussed earlier. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ David Burchett Author and Speaker Is "Christian Intellect" an Oxymoron? Warning: The following post may (or, sadly, may not) contain humor. This blog was produced in...

View more questions Search