Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janni33 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 09:58 PM
    I bought Fair & White products, now skin is peeling.
    Hello...

About a month ago, I purchased two Fair & White products (bleaching gel and cream) because I had a few dark spots on my legs due to mosquito bites. I began using them and a couple days to a week later, it showed sign that it was lightening. About two weeks into it, my legs were shiny and feels almost plastic! I stop using them, but it was too late. Another week went by and I noticed that my legs & foot (the spots where I apply then cream/gel) looked a litte dark... Further examination, it was peeling. I manage to peel off some skin (gross, I know) and saw that my skin was actually lighter (underneath). My questions are: has anyone had this happen to them? Do you know how I could prevent it from peeling or posibbly get a powerful exfoliate to remove/peel off the remaining dead skin (it look really gross).
    Lightenup2009 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 09:00 AM

When your skin starts to peel after you have used a whitening or lightening cream. Its normal.

Jun 13, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightenup2009 View Post
    when your skin starts to peel after you have used a whitening or lightening cream. Its normal.
    Hi Lightenup2009,

Thanks for your response. If it's a normal thing, when does it stop? Is there such a product to help speed up the removal of the dead skin? Should I continue usage?
    Lightenup2009 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by janni33 View Post
    Hi Lightenup2009,

Thanks for your response. If it's a normal thing, when does it stop? Is there such a product to help speed up the removal of the dead skin? Should I continue usage?
    The peeling stops when you stop using the bleaching cream . If you want to speed up the removal of the dead skin - you need to use a AHA Lotion in the day time. Which fair and white products did you use ? The pink range ? The whitenizer ? Original ? What is the cream called ?

Jun 13, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightenup2009 View Post
    the peeling stops when you stop using the bleaching cream . If you wanna speed up the removal of the dead skin - you need to use a AHA Lotion in the day time. which fair and white products did you use ? the pink range ? the whitenizer ? Original ? what is the cream called ?
    I used the AHA line... the Crème Eclaircissante Brightening Cream and the Intense Gel
    Patricia22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by janni33 View Post
    Hello...

About a month ago, I purchased two Fair & White products (bleaching gel and cream) because I had a few dark spots on my legs due to mosquito bites. I began using them and a couple days to a week later, it showed sign that it was lightening. About two weeks into it, my legs were shiny and feels almost plastic! I stop using them, but it was too late. Another week went by and i noticed that my legs & foot (the spots where I apply then cream/gel) looked a litte dark ...Further examination, it was peeling. I manage to peel off some skin (gross, I know) and saw that my skin was actually lighter (underneath). My questions are: has anyone had this happen to them? Do you know how I could prevent it from peeling or posibbly get a powerful exfoliate to remove/peel off the remaining dead skin (it look really gross).
    Hi janni I also use fair and white the same product that you used and the same thing happened to me but it is normal in this process when the skin is peeling I just use a sort of rough bath cloth to rub of the old skin and then everything's fine but your skin will always when you use the gel... Other than that everything's fine because I get the results I want...

Jun 21, 2009, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia22 View Post
    Hi janni i also use fair and white the same product that you used and the same thing happened to me but it is normal in this process when the skin is peeling i just use a sort of rough bath cloth to rub of the old skin and then everything's fine but your skin will always when you use the gel... Other than that everything's fine because i get the results i want...
    Hi Patricia... thanks for your comment... Now that I know its common, I will continue usage (the gel) as well as purchase the AHA lotion as mentioned by Lightenup2009.

Thanks ladies! I will keep you posted.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Jun 22, 2009, 10:00 AM

Does fair&white containe hq? :S

Jun 22, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairr View Post
    does fair&white containe hq? :S
    Contains 1.9% hydroquinone! I've seen a higher percentage in other products!
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Jun 26, 2009, 10:51 AM

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening-fair and white [ 5 Answers ]

I have a lot a lot of dark spots. Looking for immaculate results. Which one should I use and exactly how long would it take before I see great results?

Which skin lightener is more prefarable between bioclaire,qei and fair and white? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been using bio claire and never got any changes like 4 one month.I firstly lightened me for 3 weeks then made me dark after continuous use.Which skin lightener should I use?I have now got 2 other skin lighteners,one is called fair and white and the other is called qei,are they better for...

Awanshine and skin so fair products [ 10 Answers ]

I have been using awanshine and skin so fair products for about 2 months now and I have not seen any changes to my skin tone. I do not understand how everyone else seems to be getting lighter within a week of usage. Could anyone please let me know of other safe and effective products that...

Okay, my skin is peeling and looking a little red [ 6 Answers ]

I've been using Obagi with Retin-a for several weeks and I am starting to peel and my skin tone looks red. Is this normal? Will it go away or should I stop using it?

View more questions Search