Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OwlM Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Barbara Cilli
    Can some one give historical background on her? A proper one she was second wife of Holy Roman Emperor and with him found Dragon Order. I need too know details of her life, characteristics, behavior, and stuff like that for my novel really badly.:confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 09:55 PM

Unless someone actually knows something about her, I doubt anyone's going to do the research for you.

Have you tried going to the library? I'm sure there's some documentation about her life.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 09:59 PM
    Unfortunately, the rules of the site prohibit us to do your homework.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 10:13 PM

First you have to spell correctly -- "Barbara of Celje (Croatian and Slovenian Barbara Celjska; Hungarian Cillei Borbála) or Barbara of Cilli (c. 1390/1395 – 11 July 1451) was Holy Roman Empress. She received the sobriquet Messalina of Germany, and was instrumental in creating the Order of the Dragon."

If you want to find info on Internet, Google a variety of keywords. You don't need us. There's lots of info out there and at libraries about her.

Jun 13, 2009, 05:46 AM

This is not my home work one. Internet not the best source two, what was the meaning of this site if there is no desire to answer the question 3. And I spelled it right 4 because I saw it in another book while doing research. 5 I needed people opinion for statistics and to compare.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlM View Post
    This is not my home work one. Internet not the best source two, what was the meaning of this site if there is no desire to answer the question 3. And I spelled it right 4 because I saw it in another book while doing research. 5 I needed people opinion for statistics and to compare.
    What you don't understand is that we aren't willing to do this research for you. Who would? You aren't even willing to put in the time and effort, why should we?

Like I said in my original post, if someone knows a lot about this Barbara Cilli and wants to divulge their knowledge to you, then great, but no one on this site is going to go do the research for you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlM View Post
    1. You said you are writing a novel.
    2. Internet is an excellent source of information about her. Google her name and some of the terms associated with her. Your public library will also have information about her in Who Was Who, perhaps in a biography, in encyclopedias, etc.
    3. It's really Barbara OF Cilli--otherwise you get a whole list of people, even someone named Barbara on Facebook, with that last name.
    4. Good sleuthing.
    5. Why do you need our opinion, for what statistics, to compare what? For your novel?

Jun 13, 2009, 11:43 AM

I compare what people think when they first see certain words, so I know how to express myself so most people who are reading will get my point

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Barbara Dixon Song Book [ 3 Answers ]

Further to my earlier qestion regarding sheet music of the Barbara Dixon hit "The Caravan Song" which I`ve been unable to trace I believe that it may have been one of the tunes in The Barbara Dixon Song Book which was published in 1985 but I`ve had no luck in tracking a copy of this down...

View more questions Search