Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxxhonda100xxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 09:27 PM
    I need to stop smoking weed
    OK I'm 15 and I think I'm addicted to weed, I have been smoking sense October everyday and my parents are trien to get me to stop, but when I do I see blured vision, I get head acs stressed and pissed off,and others I don't know what to do
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 09:28 PM

So if your parents know then what are they doing to help you stop?
    buddy1987 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jun 12, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Dude... don't blame the weed for your mood swings or "blurred" vision, your using weed as the scapgoat for all the other problems in your life because it makes you feel better.. maybe you should try talking to your parents about the emotional issues you have instead of trying to pin your unhappyness on a plant that has no physical dependence... its pot, not heroine, your not going to have withdrawals.. your not addicted to pot, your addicted to the way it takes you away from your problems.. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 10:42 PM

So you just stop and be a adult about it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 10:51 PM

Hi, xxxhonda100xxx!

It looks like you really need to see a physician for the physical problems that you're having.

Have you been to the doctor yet?

Thanks!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 07:31 AM

Yes, you certainly can have withdrawl symptoms when stopping after such prolonged use. Just as with anything else, pot will effect people differently. Some people will just up and stop even after several years of use... others won't find it so easy... they won't stop even when it screws up their job, their family life, their friends.

You can have someone who tries a drug a few times and is hooked and someone else who tries it and gets nothing from it so that is the end of it.
    Some people will experience withdrawl symptoms after stopping their 3 cans of soda a day habit.

You may not become addicted in the sense of alcohol or other drugs, but you can become dependent on it. Otherwise, if it didn't alter how you felt, what would be the point of using in the first place?

Do your friends use it? If so, let them know that you are wanting to stop... they will either help you or they will hinder you... and you'll be able to see just what sort of friends they truly are. Limit your time with them if need be, or start hanging with a new group of friends. Get rid of the numbers on your phone for your contacts, avoid going where you usually go to buy, change any aspect of your life that you originally changed in order to keep getting and using it.

If you haven't been able to stop on your own ask your parents for help... have them set up an appointment with your doctor.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxhonda100xxx View Post
    I need to quit, but when i do i see blured vision, i get head acs stressed and pissed off,and others idk what to do
    Hello h:

Yes, you do. It's actually easy. Quitting cigarettes is hard. Quitting cocaine is hard. Quitting meth is hard. Quitting any drug you'll find in your parents medicine cabinet is hard. But, quitting pot is EASY!

Contrary to what you've read here, there's NO withdrawal from pot because it's not addicting. The WORST you'll feel is a little anxious for a couple days. It's no worse than having your boyfriend break up with you.

excon
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 12:00 PM

I'm going to disagree with excon on this one.

There will be differences in how someone responds to substances. Some will show little effect while others will have a more difficult experience. You see this in those who get sick when they first try pot, others try it and get nothing from it, and still others will find they enjoy the reaction they have and continue using. Same with withdrawals... it doesn't have to be painful or extreme to be a withdrawl. Anxiety and irritability, for example, are still signs of withdrawl. Even those coming off cocaine will not have the same experiences. Some will find it easier and more short lived compared to others. I've seen newborns going through various substance withdrawals and they don't all show the same signs or for the same length of time.

The op is obviously experiencing some withdrawl since he states he has the same reaction when he tries to stop.

While someone may not feel they experience any signs of withdrawl, someone else might. There are those who give up things, such as cigarettes with little difficulty, and yet others will have great difficulty stopping... or they will stop, sometimes for a long time, but go back to it.

When determining an addiction... if it is something the person is having difficulty giving up, if it causes them to experience trouble in school, social life, or work, if they experience physical and/or emotional discomfort when they try to stop, if they find it is something they"need" on a regular basis or find more is needed to get the same results, etc. it qualifies as an addiction.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 03:50 AM
    The first step to giving it up is deciding to do so. Make the decision and then take it one day at a time.

Second step, get rid of any weed in the house and any smoking implements. Chuck them in the bin, burn them whatever. If you grow it, dig it up and burn it.

Where do you usually smoke? Clean that room from top to bottom - vacuum, wash, dust and air the rooms.

Now start exercising; get some air into your lungs and get blood circulating in your system. Run, walk, play some sport, go to the gym - just get the blood moving round your body and your brain.

Next, don't hang round your friends that smoke or you'll just start again.

Finally, think about the long term effects of smoking and drug use on your body - you want to grow up healthy don't you?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Second step, get rid of any weed in the house and any smoking implements. Chuck them in the bin, burn them whatever. If you grow it, dig it up and burn it.
    Hmmm, I think he's doing plenty of burning... :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking weed, can it mess my head up? [ 47 Answers ]

I want to know does weed mess with everyone's head? I have smoked weed once or twice, OK a lot of the time and I think it messing me up but I really enjoy it. Or at least I think I do! What is it with weed? Is it addictive? Can it really harm you and your mental health? If I have been realising...

How can I make my boyfriend stop smoking weed? [ 5 Answers ]

How can I make my boyfriend stop smoking weed... he's awesome.. but I can't stand that he smokes it... it makes him be all stupid and stuff.. I've threaten him about everything.. from leaving him to not giving him sex.. but nothing has worked.. our fights have gotten worse.. please... I need some...

Is he smoking weed? [ 63 Answers ]

Me and my boyfrend, we have been going out for more than a year. And I always suspected that he smokes weed. And recently I found out some stuff in his ashtray and I told him that I know he is smoking weed and I showed him proof. But he said its not his and that its his cousine's and a frend's. So...

The Influence of Smoking Weed.. . [ 2 Answers ]

How does weed influence other to smoke? I've smoked weed and have not been influenced by anyone to smoke it. No one made me do it either so how does it influence others to use weed? :confused:

View more questions Search