Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albre2252 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Losing weight
    What is a good method for teen to start losing weight
    ironclad04 Posts: 193, Reputation: 8

Jun 12, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Not much you can do, just eat healthy foods and try to stay active, teens aren't meant to go on crash diets of anything like that, switch out the daily habbits, eat lots of fruits and vegies!! Drink a glass of milk a day!
    brownishy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 09:09 AM

Ironclad is right jut be active. Drink lots and lots of water and eat healthy foods. Minimize eating chips and drinking sodas.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 10:50 AM

Eat half the amount of junk (fast food, pizza, burger, fries, cookies) that you do now. Eat twice as much vegetables. If you are not eating vegetables, then start. Fill half your plate with green veg at every sit down meal.

Drink water, not soda. Even diet soda causes weight gain.

Eat proper fresh food, don't try to go for the low fat junk meals out there. Eat fish, eggs, meat, chicken, lots of vegetables, some fruit, nuts, dairy, wholegrains. Cut way way back on sugar or anything which lists sugar as one of the first four ingredients.

Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are not hungry. Don't eat again until you are hungry again.

Eat at the table, not in front of the TV.

Be more active, walk, cycle, take the stairs, dance, carry your mother's shopping. Dig the garden for a neighbour.

Go to bed on time. Getting less than eight hours of sleep a night is a huge risk factor for obesity. So is watching more than two hours of TV a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my cat losing weight? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a male 9 year old Russian Turtle shell cat who went through a constant mewing phase. After that stopped, he started losing weight. Why?:(

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Losing weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am so sick of people talking about me because I am fat. I don't think it is right and I want to lose weight I need some tips. I am going to the high school next year and a lot of people say that it is a lot of drama and I don't want nobody talking about me because of this. And it has always been...

Losing a lot of weight [ 1 Answers ]

I volunteer every day mon-thurs and this lady brought one of those step things and apparently we walk 6.5 miles every day, but still I can't seem to lose weight, what do I need to do, eat salads all the time? Or go to the gym and get a harder work out? Any suggestions?

View more questions Search