Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Is it weird if your Girlfriend works with her Ex?
    I am just trying to see what people think here.

Would you find it weird or uncomfortable if your girlfriend or boyfriend still worked with her ex?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 01:38 PM

How long did they date? How long ago was the break up? What were the conditions of the break up?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 01:40 PM

I would definitely say it depends on the situation. My boyfriend of 2 years is still my best friend, even after I married my husband. My husband is aware of our frinedship and is totally understanding. I would have no issues working with him and I'm sure my husband would not either as he works with a girl he once dated and it doesn't bother me
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 01:59 AM
    Well, clearly YOU feel weird and uncomfortable with it. Why?

As has been said, it depends on the circumstances.
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Jun 16, 2009, 09:13 AM

I would find it weird... Adam, clear out your inbox!
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 9, 2009, 02:36 AM

It's never happened to me, but I've worked with a woman an her ex-husband. They would have arguments in the office about child support and weekly child arrangements. It was an office soap opera. She started dating rich old men, and he dated a woman that looked just like her. We had our share of non-productive office gossip with those two.
    I worked with my boyfriend's ex and she made my life miserable, but that's another story.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KARIEMELIA View Post
    I would find it weird.... Adam, clear out your inbox!
    Sorry about that. I think it is cleared out right now. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any messages from you. Haha
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 01:15 PM

My girlfriend works with her ex. Just to clear up that part. They were together for 9 months then were broke up for about 3 weeks before me and her started dating. I had just gotten out of a relationship with my ex 2 weeks before we started. It has been a couple of months now.

She said she split up with him because he was really controlling of her. He was just mean and treated her like crap.

I thought it was weird for them to work together. Just the thought of, what if she starts to like him again and things like that.

This post was written a little bit after we started dating and it kind of bothered me then. I am aware that she hates him and doesn't talk to him. He wanted her back and she said no. I do have friends that work at the same place she does, and they tell me that everything is good. I haven't thought much about it for awhile. She is looking for another job now.

I go in to her work every once in awhile and see her. Sometimes he is there and it just seems weird. I came to see her one time and so did her friend and I was talking to her friend and even she thought it was weird so I was just wondering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote works, light works, fan humms does not turn [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Hamton Bay fan with a remote/no pull chain. The light on the remote comes on and does properly operate the light on the fan. It also turns on and off a humming noise but there is no movement from the fan itself. Of course, the house did not come with an owners manual. Is...

EX girlfriend weird stage [ 9 Answers ]

Hello so this is going to be kind of long. My girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me last week cause she need space. We lived together, so I moved out. Last week we had very little conversation and then on Saturday she wanted to hang out that night so I picked her up from work and we went out to...

My relationship with my girlfriend is starting to get weird I really could use a hand [ 11 Answers ]

Well OK I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost three months I'm 15 yeah I know still young to be asking things about relationships thing is when me and her first started going out it was great I mean I knew she loved me and I mean she was there for me and I was happy But about in the...

Ms works database to ms works spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Have tried copy/paste but I get a message stating "make sure the destination area is as large as the info you wish to paste" .Anyone help please?

View more questions Search