Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jahbless Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Missing riding so much...
    My brother died from a motorcycle accident just 3 years ago. We had so many plans to ride together,we both were going to get sportbikes. All our plans were cut short by this ******* driver who parked his vehicle across a small country road my brother and his friend were travelling on. To make a long story short they both hit into the vehicle,my brother was riding in the front so he hit first. It was very weird in that he had his helmet,gloves and armoured jacket on,but after the impact with the truck his helmet fell off and he got a bad lash on his head.We was told he died almost immediately after. My family is still trying to deal with this great lost.I know his gone and there's nothing I can do to bring him back,but I would love to ride again. But if I just mention it to anyone they say after what happen to your brother,don't ride you should not. Does this mean I can never ride again,I love riding and miss it so much.I realize that life is precious and we are all here for just awhile.For the past 3 years I've not been involved with any riding or motorcycles as my family would be too worried and disappointed. I keep telling myself to be patient maybe in another 2 or 3 years I could get a motorcycle just for little weekend rides every now and then.I still read up about all the new models and reviews of the new sport bikes. I realize if I ever go back riding again I may have to be a lot more aware of the dangers of riding in areas which are not well known to me or has bad road conditions.I also think a street bike maybe too excessive as these new streetbikes although very,very nice are just too fast and maybe abit more dangerous than say a Suzuki DR 650.There's so many things going through my head,just want to ride again but be safe and not worry my family.Do you think I should just try my best to forget about my strong feelings for riding and try to move on? I realize it's hard and not really fear but for my family I would stay away,at least for my mom.
    Margie Allen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahbless
    My brother died from a motorcycle accident just 3 years ago. We had so many plans to ride together,we both were going to get sportbikes. All our plans were cut short by this ******* driver who parked his vehicle across a small country road my brother and his friend were travelling on. To make a long story short they both hit into the vehicle,my brother was riding in the front so he hit first. It was very weird in that he had his helmet,gloves and armoured jacket on,but after the impact with the truck his helmet fell off and he got a bad lash on his head.We was told he died almost immediately after. My family is still trying to deal with this great lost.I know his gone and there's nothing i can do to bring him back,but i would love to ride again. But if i just mention it to anyone they say after what happen to your brother,don't ride you should not. Does this mean i can never ride again,i love riding and miss it so much.I realize that life is precious and we are all here for just awhile.For the past 3 years i've not been involved with any riding or motorcycles as my family would be too worried and disappointed. I keep telling myself to be patient maybe in another 2 or 3 years i could get a motorcycle just for lil weekend rides every now and then.I still read up about all the new models and reviews of the new sport bikes. I realize if i ever go back riding again i may have to be a lot more aware of the dangers of riding in areas which are not well known to me or has bad road conditions.I also think a street bike maybe too excessive as these new streetbikes although very,very nice are just too fast and maybe abit more dangerous than say a Suzuki DR 650.There's so many things going through my head,just want to ride again but be safe and not worry my family.Do you think i should just try my best to forget about my strong feelings for riding and try to move on? I realize it's hard and not really fear but for my family i would stay away,at least for my mom.
    Hello, dude. I feel your hurt. I have gone down twice, and my children have yelled at me for being a rider. I'm in San Diego. May I stay in contact with you? Thank you.

Margie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Riding Mower? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I bought an old Montgomery Wards riding mower at an auction the other day, but I don't know what kind it is, the name was painted over. It is a Model ZYJ 48A. Does anyone know anything about it?

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

MTD Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings All, I have an MTD 12hp 36inch cut riding mower that I just bought as a spare. I was told it needed a new battery so I bought and installed it. Problem is when I try to start it I get a whining or "spinning" sound. I'm far from being a mechanic BUT it sounds like a starter and or...

Honda Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda 3813 riding mower. It starts fine, but once I engage the blade, the mower proceeds very slowly in 5th gear then dies out (chokes out). When I don't have the blade engaged, it moves fine. It also will not go up a slight incline without choking out. Any suggestions?

Riding Mower Problem [ 1 Answers ]

My son has an old Lawn Chief riding mower that he purchased used. I finally got it started, but had to do so by shorting out the solenoid with a screwdriver to get it to turn over. Are any manuals available for these lawn mowers? The other idea I had was to put in a heavy duty push button...

View more questions Search