Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jun 12, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Am I out of line?
    Hey everyone,

So I have a friend that I've known for the last 15 years. We've had our ups and downs. She grew up very spoiled and is possibly one of the cheapest people I know. All of our blow outs have been over money.

When we were in HS I drove her everywhere, never asked for gas money unless it was a long trip. When I did ask, she threw a fit saying she didn't have any money. After college when she sold her car and didn't have a job, I drove her everywhere, paid for us to go out and never asked for anything in return. And the cycle just continues. She lives an hour or so from me, I've driven up there 3 times. Her parents live about 30 (only 3 towns over) minutes from me and every time she goes to see them she wants to hang out, but expects me to drive over there. I never do.

Right now I'm unemployed and have to make my gas last. Tonight her brother's graduation is about 5 minutes from my house. She refuses to find it and park there herself, so she's meeting her mom the next town over (still takes me about 30 minutes to get there) and riding with her, expects ME to pick her up from the place and then DRIVE HER back to her car, pay for dinner and take her to the mall.

Am I out of line for saying its too far for me to go since I'm unemployed? I told her I just can't do it because I have to make my gas last. I know she'll just stop talking to me. She has an AMAZING job, hardly any bills and her boyfriend pays for everything for her.

What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 11:39 AM

Oh, heavens, tell her to get a life and you stop cowtowing to her. That's what you should do. As long as she knows you are subservient she will keep on taking advantage of you. Does NO sound good to you. Take the chance, she may like the new you better.

Ms tickle
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jun 12, 2009, 11:40 AM

When I say no she stops talking to me for months at a time. I actually say no to her a lot now. That's why we haven't hung out in months.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jun 12, 2009, 01:03 PM

People will only treat you the way you let them. Tell her you are going to start needing rides and see what she says.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Utilizing a clothes washer line for an icemaker water line [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! A few years ago, I moved my washer/dryer from an inside washer/dryer inset located in my kitchen into the garage. I turned this area into a pantry and left both the hot and cold water valves protruding from the wall, as well as the 220 for the electric dryer. I'm tearing out the...

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve [ 2 Answers ]

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve. How can I step the range back line down a step. Is there some kind of converter I can buy?

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

Dark crease line in the back of neck line [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew, now an adult has a dark crease line in the back of his neck. It really bothers me because it looks like he has a necklace on from behind but I doesn't. It almost looks like a tan right in the crease of the backof his neck which I believe got there when started to gain weight. Maybe it is...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search