Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raggedmom Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2010, 10:44 PM
    You are a dear. Letting go of the past iS A FEAT. I think part of being a supportive mom is giving advice. My daughter is so ungrateful. She does blame everything on me. She says I bring on her anxiety issues. I don't deserve the garbage she spews at me.
    What hurts me, is I find out both my daughters and friends go to the movies, they don't invite me. Previously she said she didn't like being around me if I drank. Seems as I thought, she just doesn't like being around me for long, regardless if it is the movies, shopping, etc. She calls her sis many times a day. She calls me maybe every two weeks.
    I went to the same college as she did, but at night. I was at all her Univ functions,so her music friends knew me, I helped with rehearsals, etc, flew to see them perform across country. They didn't even know that I went to school there at night to get another degree. Seems she only wanted me to pay for refurnishing her new dorm room each year, carrying things in, practicing after class with her. She uses me. When I would call, she would say, "Gotta run, don't have time to talk" and hang up.
    Ever since the incident with the guy in DC, she hasn't been close to me. She stayed with me a week during Christmas. I don't think we will ever be close again. Growing up, it was she and I against the world. Now I am a distance obligation to her.
    I am trying to stay busy, directing shows, running my ins agency. Being single and starting your life over, just isn't easy. Don't have the confidence I used to. Seems when you are in your 20s, 30s, 40s you think you are invincible. Society is not into women entering their 50s and beyond. Wisdom and life experience just isn't "cool." You are old... lol.. yep!
    Well, cheer up, right?I still have many many blessings. Deal with life on life's terms!
    raggedmom Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2010, 10:44 PM
    You are a dear. Letting go of the past iS A FEAT. I think part of being a supportive mom is giving advice. My daughter is so ungrateful. She does blame everything on me. She says I bring on her anxiety issues. I don't deserve the garbage she spews at me.
    What hurts me, is I find out both my daughters and friends go to the movies, they don't invite me. Previously she said she didn't like being around me if I drank. Seems as I thought, she just doesn't like being around me for long, regardless if it is the movies, shopping, etc. She calls her sis many times a day. She calls me maybe every two weeks.
    I went to the same college as she did, but at night. I was at all her Univ functions,so her music friends knew me, I helped with rehearsals, etc, flew to see them perform across country. They didn't even know that I went to school there at night to get another degree. Seems she only wanted me to pay for refurnishing her new dorm room each year, carrying things in, practicing after class with her. She uses me. When I would call, she would say, "Gotta run, don't have time to talk" and hang up.
    Ever since the incident with the guy in DC, she hasn't been close to me. She stayed with me a week during Christmas. I don't think we will ever be close again. Growing up, it was she and I against the world. Now I am a distance obligation to her.
    I am trying to stay busy, directing shows, running my ins agency. Being single and starting your life over, just isn't easy. Don't have the confidence I used to. Seems when you are in your 20s, 30s, 40s you think you are invincible. Society is not into women entering their 50s and beyond. Wisdom and life experience just isn't "cool." You are old... lol.. yep!
    Well, cheer up, right?I still have many many blessings. Deal with life on life's terms!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 16 year old son won't speak to me I think he hates me [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I hope someone will be able to offer me some advice please. I did try posting this and it seems to have got lost somewhere so please accept my apologies if it comes through twice. To cut a very long story shorter... My husband left myself and two children a couple of years ago, and...

Won't speak [ 5 Answers ]

My child is 2 1/2 and won't even use baby talk. She's been checked out and Ive been told everything is fine but she is very reluctant to learn to talk. She doesn't even say Mama or Dada or nothing. All she does is make noises and point to something. She know what everything is and she's very...

My Children won't speak to me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there I am 53 years old I have two children aged 23 and 20. I left my wife about three years ago as my marriage was dead for over 15 years however I did stay mostly for the sake of my children and also for financial reasons as I would not have been in the position to have two homes and...

View more questions Search