Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xAnjax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 05:38 AM
    Can dogs sense spirits?
    Hi
    A couple of nights ago I was awakened by what I think was a spirit. The bedroom was dark yet I could still see a shadow like figure just sitting and watching me sleep, I had to blink to believe what I was seeing yet the figure didn't disappear.

The following morning my partner brought his dog into the house, which the well-trained dog sat on his bed and slept.
    Within a few moments he was awakened, and immediately turned his head as if he had seen something on the opposite side of the room. He growled at whatever was there, his fine hairs stood up all along his body yet his eyes did not move, the growl got louder until whatever was there had gone.

I am sure that whatever I had seen in the bedroom that previous night, is what the dog had seen that morning.

Can anyone give me there opinion?

Tks/Anja
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 05:40 AM

I think that they can. I've had experiences like that and it gives me the chills.
    albre2252 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 07:53 AM
    It is said that animals in general can sense things I do believe that dogs can sense these things.
    Brautiee Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 07:12 PM

My dog when I was little. Came to my door way and started to BARK.

So my mother told me anyway.

And everynow and then. My dog lies there and just growls a bit. (not in the same room though)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:14 PM

I believe Dogs, cats and children have a greater sense for sensing spirits.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jun 27, 2009, 04:56 AM

Just as children are very sensitive to spirit, so are animals, very much so, as they don't have the judgements that we have which block our sensitivity.
    bju1jmu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 07:47 PM
    My mother died in October,2009. All of a sudden, this poodle I have has started barking and howling about the same time each evening -- he has never howled before so this is why I started of thinking of my mothers spirit. He will run to the kitchen toward the door and won't quit. I feel that they are sensitive to spirits, but at the same time it's scary. What are the spirits trying to tell them?
    dragonkinsoul Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 09:09 AM

Generally, yes animals can sense, and sometimes see spirits, just as some children can. Generally, if a dog is barking/growling at something unseen to your eye, most times it is something harmful, or something they don't like. Just like if they wimper, it is likely something that is either able or willing to hurt/kill. If they act happy, then there is genneraly another protector, or something/someone nice, or just a wanderer. Also, as dogs are sencitive, cats might be even more so, as in more ancient Egyptian times, the cats are used as either wards of spirits, and/or sometimes vessels, so yes, cats and dogs are able to see most spirits, and children are able to see some spirits, mostly the ones that are stronger, or determined.
    sarachiacig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 02:41 PM
    I can testify that not all dogs can sense. My shis tzu didn't sense nothing and I know when spirits are in my house. I saw my dogs guardian angel last year. My chihuahua passed away 4 years ago and I'm still hurting. So because I meditate a lot a prayed to see and feel coockie one more time. After weeks of praying it happened I woke up to see a white figure with a long white beard and I realised right away that it was coockies guardian angel and I knew coockie was in the room. So I closed my eyes and a few minutes later coockie touched my hand and that is when I went back to sleep. But before sleeping candie my shis tzu was sleeping on the bed and never woke up. I had another experience with a malignent spirit and candie didn't feel it either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6th sense? [ 4 Answers ]

You know how lets say, you were reading a book in your room. Your back is facing the door. The door is open. Then, you feel and sense someone is going to walk in the door without hearing their footstep, and you turn around and there they are, standing there? I was talking to a friend one day,...

Dogs and spirits [ 8 Answers ]

I have another question My daughter and I just not long ago both looked around in the computer room for my sneaky dog who has a habbit of trying to come into the room with us. As we heard her sigh. My daughter and I where looking for her and found her asleep in the kitchen where she normaly is...

Can dogs sense pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

This might sound a bit weird but do you think dogs can sense pregnancy in woman? My friend said her dog has been following her around a lot the last couple of weeks and won't leave her alone! Now she has found out she's pregnant do you think the dog sensed this?

Goggle add sense [ 5 Answers ]

Can you use goggle add sense on pages like your myspace page ? What about a Yahoo chat group or forum ?

This makes no sense to me [ 30 Answers ]

Why is it that if a person murders a pregnant woman he/she is charged for two first degree murders (assuming that the unborn child dies as well) but if a woman were to get an abortion, she is not charged with murder? I can understand that a woman has a right to her own body and everything...

View more questions Search