Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2006veteran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 10:31 PM
    Getting rid of a bad roommate.
    I live with my brother and a friend in MI. Myself and my friend are on a joint lease. Im trying to find a way to kick my friend off this lease. He plays loud music day and night. Yells and screams over the phone all day long. He has even gotten into a fist fight with my brother in our room! Not to mention fist fighting with his own girlfriend in his own room. I have tried to communicate with him but he is entirely too arrogant to listen. How can I get him off this Joint lease?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2006veteran View Post
    How can i get him off this Joint lease?
    Hello v:

You can't. He has as much right to be there as you do. IF, however, he's breaking the law, you can have him arrested. IF he's a threat, you can get a restraining order - that'll keep him out. But, short of that, you're going to have to wait till the lease expires.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate needs to get out [ 3 Answers ]

I have a roommate that doesn't pay for anything. She has a lot of furniture here and I just want her to get out. She starts arguments for no reason, plays loud music in the apartment and does whatever she feels like doing. I told her that she can take everything she owns and just get out. She is...

Roommate will not pay [ 7 Answers ]

I have had the same roommate for 3 months now.I have only gotten 1 months rent and he still owes me $950.He has loud partys and created problems with the home owners association, for which I may be fined.In addition to this personal items have been stolen by ether him or his friends(not of...

Bad roommate.how can I get them to pay or get out? [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do if the second party occupying our apartment has failed to pay rent and utilities? All of our names are on the lease. Do I have the right to file for eviction even though I am not the landlord?

Roommate must go [ 1 Answers ]

I need to kick my roommate out immediately. She has not paid all of augusts rent yet and none of septembers. I know she is dealing pot out of the house and my personal belongings are disappearing. She also has broken a window and not made any mention of repairing it. When I feel unsafe and she is...

Roommate Harrassment/Nightmare roommate [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living with my roommate for over 4 months now in a 2 bedroom apartment in western PA. We both signed a 1 year lease with the landlord. Little did I realize I signed a lease with a nightmare of a roommate. She throws parties 3+ nights a week, her friends smoke in the building (no smoking...

View more questions Search