Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IcemanCometh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Goodman Heat Pump freezes up when fan doesn't come on in Auto mode
    Goodman, Model AW3682-08C (I think... it's hard to read... original install 10 yrs). New coil, new thermostat. Everything just fine until recently, the inside blower intermittently fails to turn on when set to Auto, then coil ices. If I run the unit with fan in "ON" position, cooling seems to operate correctly above and below the ambient temperature.

Thanks for your help! :)
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 04:07 AM

Odds are you have a control board acting up.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 04:13 AM
    Yep the fan relay which is usually located on the control board is intermittent or the wilring has a loose connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump a/c unit freezes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric furnace with a heat pump, my a/c was working fine in the summer and the heat was working fine then the outside a/c unit got about an inch of ice on it is this a simple fix or is something major wrong.

No auto fan in heat mode [ 8 Answers ]

Have a carrier outdoor package unit A/C and electric heat. Recently changed from the carrier programmable to a standard heat/cool stat. original stat had a light that would indicate when the filter needed changed, assume this was the blue wire that we did not connect when installing the new...

Blower won't come on in auto mode. Heat only [ 2 Answers ]

Carrier 48SB-030080301 1990 model nat gas. On a/c mode works fine. Heat- burner lites but blower will not come on at all unless on manual. I changed the J2 jumper on thermostat from hg to he to see if I could get by for a while and its been working for about a month now. Other than blast of cool...

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

Why does my air handeling coil freeze up when the heat pump is in heat mode? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a TRANE XL 1200 heat pump. When in the heat mode the air handeling coil freezes up, enough to block the air flow. I can turn the heat pump off and leave the air handeling unit air circulating fan on and get the ice melted. After 30 minutes or so I can turn the heat pump back to the on...

View more questions Search