Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ml2129 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 05:55 PM
    480 volt transformer
    Hi there,

We are moving into a warehouse that has a 480 volt transformer. The transformer is located on the other side of our office wall. I'm wondering if there's any danger of radiation being so close to it. Thank you.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 06:16 PM
    No more than any other electrical equipment, which is almost nothing. :cool:
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 04:40 AM
    Electrical equipment does not give off radiation.

There is weak magnetic field around the unit, as there is all around us.

To include computers, monitors, refrigerators, or anything electrical for that matter.

This is called EMF, electromagnetic force or field.

I have seen computer monitors on one side of a wall get interference due to transformers or motors on the other side. Solution, move monitor away from that area.

Google EMF to learn what there is to learn.

I, and all other electricians have been around this field for years, and it did not affected me any, did not affected me any, did not affected me any, did not affected me any,
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Jun 12, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ml2129 View Post
    Hi there,

We are moving into a warehouse that has a 480 volt transformer. The transformer is located on the other side of our office wall. I'm wondering if there's any danger of radiation being so close to it. Thank you.
    Tranies don't give off radiation. You should be fine.
    ml2129 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 01:56 PM

Thank you all for the answers. I feel a lot better now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Assemble a 220 volt outlet from two 110 volt circuits [ 5 Answers ]

I need help making a temporary 220 volt outlet cord. I have the female 220 v receptacle and two extension cords. I need this to connect a window AC. The electrician cannot come until mid next week. It is very hot here. He told me to put one these cords together for a temporary fix. He warned...

Carrier air handler 24 volt transformer. [ 15 Answers ]

Last week my air handler quit working, I found that the 5AMP fuse for the secondary 24volt pwr supply was blown, replace and all worked fine for a week. Now I find it blown again, but each time I relace it it blows, The voltage reading I get at the fuse is 29.5 V is that to high? The transformer...

Air Conditioning 24 Volt Transformer Connection [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: I have a two story addition on my house built by the previous owner. There is one thermostat upstairs and one thermostat downstairs. The system directs air to the downstairs through a damper. The upstairs thermostat controls the temperature and the downstairs one appears only to turn on a...

Wiring 12 volt transformer [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed some 12 volt miniature lights in home. I have them working now but began wondering about how I have the 12 volt transformer wired. The lights are on a switch and I have the transformer in the line before the switch. Thus I have power at the transformer all the time. Is...

View more questions Search