Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lookinforwork Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Looking for feedback on my interview, it's driving me crazy!
    I interviewed for an administrative/operations job at a small fund 3 days ago. The person that interviewed me, whom I'd also be working with if hired, pretty much spent the entire interview discussing what the job entails and what his responsibilities are day-to-day. He talked quite a bit about the company and the owner of the company and so on. He asked me very few questions about my experience or other questions that might gauge my intelligence and capabilities. Then the interview was over and I never had a chance to discuss anything that I've ever done! I sent a thank you email a few hours later, reiterating some of my qualifications. He never responded to that email. He told me that they were going to have second interviews a week later. I have not heard back and I want to call to follow up but I think 3 days might be too soon. I don't know if him talking so much about the job means that he was impressed by my resume? If he judges strictly on what I said then I know I didn't get it because I barely spoke! What does everybody think, am I just being nervous? Also, when should I follow up again? By email or phone call? I'm eager to find out...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 12:17 PM

The interviewer might have used the first interview as his opportunity to tell each applicant about the company, and will call everyone (or almost everyone) back for the second interview. I'd wait to hear from him (but no more than a week), but meanwhile read up on the company--their web site, information at the public library or local chamber of commerce.

Is there some way you could visit this company during work hours? Meanwhile, make a list of questions you still don't know the answer to. You didn't say how big it is (just "small fund"), but there might be enough of it for a visit.
    lookinforwork Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
    My interview was exactly one week ago. I called this morning and was directed to his voicemail box, I left a message and sent an email shortly after. Have not heard back at all. I am assuming this means that I was not selected. This is so frustrating because I know I am qualified for the position and I wasn't given an opportunity to discuss my qualifications. I guess back to the drawing board. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is driving me crazy [ 2 Answers ]

OK there's a rap song with the young and restless beat... does anyone know what it is its not the MARY J OR THE KARIZIE BONE one any other suggestions on it its driving me crazy thanks

Crazy Interview [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, question. I went on a interview Wednesday everything went really great and I was sent for a second interview Thursday with interviewer #2. I think everything was good, she seemed to really like me and when I left she said she would let me know and told me I Would know for sure by Monday. The...

Feedback from HR RE 1st Interview [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the feedback that was given to a Headhunter working with me in my job search from the VP of HR at a company where I interviewed. This was my first interview with them--the screening interview: "Nothing definitive except that the “style” was off – which is a component that is very...

Feedback on interview after being unsuccessful [ 2 Answers ]

I've applied for a job, been invited for an interview but was unsuccessful. I did request feedback, but they haven't responded. Is it a legal requirement that they do respond? Will I be able to something about it?

This is driving me crazy! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't remember the name of the movie, but it is driving me crazy!! It is form the 80's or 90's. It is about a little girl, and she steps through a mirror in her bedroom and goes to an animated land with little creatures. I think the little girl was brown headed, but I'm not sure. Any help would...

View more questions Search