Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 02:48 PM

OK so here's the thing with eating healthy.

You should actually be eating 4-5 times a day. Its like your body is a stove and your energy is the fire. The food you eat is the fuel. If you just stoke the fire once a night with a big portion of wood, your fire will burn big for a short period then dwindle and die out before you stoke it big again.

If you continually throw a little wood on your fire throughout the day, you will keep your fire burning at a steady pace all day.

On the metabolism side of things, you are shoving all this food into your body once.. then starving it for 24 hours. Your body will remember this and it will start holding onto what food you give it so that it will have nutrients for the next 24 hours, since it knows it won't get anymore. Thus, your body will store more fat.

If you eat smaller portions throughout the whole day, your body will burn off more calories since it will know that it will be replenished soon. Thus, your body won't store all that fat and you will be more trim, more healthy, have more energy, etc.

This may be the missing key to your current program ;)
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Jun 11, 2009, 02:51 PM

Okay that is a good point , but how much weight would I lose from that and how long would it take ?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 02:56 PM

Its impossible for me to know how much weight you would lose... but I can tell you that you will be MUCH more healthy.. and more in shape... and most likely, lose any excess fat that your body is currently storing while it waits for its next daily ingestion of food lol

I can't quite gather from you if it's the actual WEIGHT that you are concerned about.. or the way that you look.

I could show you 2 girls... they both weigh 120 pounds and are both the same height... however, one looks thin, healthy, and in shape and the other pudgy and tired.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 03:26 PM

OK, I feel a little bit better knowing that by tea you mean dinner too but that's still not enough. If you've been doing this for a while it will be hard for you to start eating more so ease into it gradually. It's actually better for you to have numerous (about 6) small healthy meals throughout the day than one large meal. And if you're only eating one meal it probably seems like a lot all at once. Some of the people I know that are in the best shape are almost constantly eating. It's just all about what you eat. That one single meal a day can actually still slow your metabolism down because your body still thinks its being starved pretty much.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 08:02 AM

I tend to think in pounds, but most people here in Ireland would give their weight in stone.

Jun 13, 2009, 05:06 AM

Okay then
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 10:37 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/weight...er-370300.html

You didn't mention anything about making yourself throw up after your single meal in this first thread.
    Ganesanveloo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 12:01 AM
    Sorry you will never lose your weight but you may damage your health:

Jul 3, 2009, 05:13 AM

I know . And that isn't true because I have lost weight :/
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 09:47 AM

You may be losing weight now but whether you see it or not yet you are damaging your health. And later, when you finally start eating healthy again your metabolism will be ruined from you starving yourself for so long.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 10:07 AM

Natalie, you are underweight, according to the BMI system. Your BMI should range between 20 and 25. You should therefore not try losing weight, but eat healthier like most people have said in the thread.

If you starve yourself now, your stomach will shrink. Then, you'll always have to eat little to keep your line. If ever you ate too much after so much time of starvation, you'll find yourself to grow fat quickly, even if a normal person (with BMI within the normal range) eats that same extra amount you had that day.

Wanting to be thinner than you are can cause (I will mention again) various health issues, namely anorexia (you can Google it). Such people can faint easily for they do not have the energy they need daily.

You need to have your regular meals, breakfast, lunch, and tea (if that is your dinner). Your body needs energy to stay strong and healthy.
    Ganesanveloo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 10:23 PM

Agreed with unknown008, before love someone love yourself first

Jul 6, 2009, 03:40 PM

Thanks..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am so sick of people talking about me because I am fat. I don't think it is right and I want to lose weight I need some tips. I am going to the high school next year and a lot of people say that it is a lot of drama and I don't want nobody talking about me because of this. And it has always been...

My dog seems to be losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my dog is a lab mixed with chow, he seems to be losing weight but doesn't show any signs of being sick. He's very playful everyday eats well but it seems like his weight has dropped off in the last 3 weeks. I am worried that he's to thin. Can someone please tell me what I can do to help him...

Losing a lot of weight [ 1 Answers ]

I volunteer every day mon-thurs and this lady brought one of those step things and apparently we walk 6.5 miles every day, but still I can't seem to lose weight, what do I need to do, eat salads all the time? Or go to the gym and get a harder work out? Any suggestions?

Not losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

I 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male... my bmi is 32 My supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets.. My daily calories are 1200, but I burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr I drink approx 5...

View more questions Search