Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pairose Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Extra Security
    I have been phoned by techonsupport who spent an hour cleaning up my computer and feel I should take their warranty. I already have Norton anti-virus so is this necessary? I was taken by surprise by their call and am not clear how they got my number.
    latingmex Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Tech support telemarketers... BEWARE!!
    Don't take their support.

As long as you have a good and up to date AV you should be fine
    If you ever need to get rid of spyware/malware

You can download:
    CCleaner
    SUPERantispyware
    Malwarebytes app
    pairose Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by latingmex View Post
    tech support telemarketers..........BEWARE!!!!
    dont take their support.

as long as you have a good and up to date AV you should be fine
    if you ever need to get rid of spyware/malware

you can download:
    CCleaner
    SUPERantispyware
    Malwarebytes app
    Thank you, they became very aggressive on the phone and I still don't know how they found me. I will avoid all such calls in the future.
    davidjo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 03:27 AM
    No never this company is not genuine as you might think.
    They will say they're windows service provider But windows is a prodduct of Microsoft INc.
    So they don't provide any kind of authorization to any company to fix with the issue.
    It's better don't pay single money because if you pay they yoour maney will go in vain.
    So spread this words to everyone in your place and forward it to you news media too
    So everybody over there get to know about this scam.

The company is in name os annex software their none of their technician is Microsoft certified because their website they didn't provided the name of the technician and their unique certification Id.
    allan11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Yes its true TechOnSupport is a bloody scam don't receive if they call you up. It's a spoof call they make saying that they are calling from windows (bull) and they will tell you to pay 60 pounds for fixing the problem.
    allan11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 11:38 AM

Yes TOS is a scam... Bull

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extra Extra Dry Skin [ 8 Answers ]

I have extra extra dry skin. I am constantly shedding. What can I do about this. I have tried all kinds of lotions

Got an extra $600 in tax refund [ 2 Answers ]

My tax refund was exactly $600 more than it should have been for my federal return. I didn't get that extra $600 last year because I was somebody's dependent, but I am independent this year. So, was I supposed to get this extra money? Thank you! Damaniel

Broke Lease-Forfeit Security Deposit-Extra charge for Repairs and Cleaning [ 10 Answers ]

My son and his wife had to break their lease after 5 1/2 years to seek cheaper housing after losing his job and trying to raise 2 small children. They forfieted their $1,500 security deposit, of course. Now 6 months later the landlord has forwarded a letter asking for $1,322 (less than the amount...

How can I get extra money? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I am looking for a way to get money I'm 14 years old in a rich neighborhood and I don't know anybody because I'm in foster care and everybody has a lown mowing service babysitting and everything I need ways to get money I do get allowance but its not a lot any idea's and I'm not good at...

XP won't come up after re-install to extra HD [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 2.4GB Celeron w/ 768 MB RAM. Been running fine, but then refused to even try starting XP, so I think my prime 80GB HD died. Removed 80GB HD. Changed jumper on xtra 10.6 GB drive to MSTR, reset BIOS to see it, formatted the partion on it and installed XP. I've never done an install...

View more questions Search