Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linickmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2004, 04:01 PM
    38 year old single mother of 2
    Hi... I need some help. I am a 38 year old single mother of 2. Another one on the way, in Miami Fla. My mortgage is behind. I lost my job because my car caught fire, and is unusable. No one will hire me because I am pregnant. My ex pays child support, but not as much as he should because he has a nasty habit of filing false battery charges against me. The lawyer says it's cheaper to just leave it alone. I have bills I can't pay, no car. My property taxes arew not paid, nor my ins. I went to public assistance, and they can't help because I get child support. Please... what should I do?
    zylstra Posts: 83, Reputation: 11

Nov 12, 2004, 11:18 PM
    Get a better lawyer, or try to keep the child support coming in by yourself with a book from www.nolo.com . Get a job close by and take public transportation (I know it's a joke in the US) to work or walk. Keep looking for a job. Present yourself well. Ask your family to help out if you have one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

6th Year F1, Converted to H-1B last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us. I really really appreciate your help and advice. You are THE man! My case is like that: I came to US on F1 in 08/2000, and had been on F1 until I got my H-1B visa on Nov. 1st last year. From last May to last Oct. I...

Pregnant 16 year old, by 14 year old [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone knows the rape laws in Ohio. There is a situation that I need to find out. I know a 16 year old girl pregnant by a 14 year old boy. Is their a rape law that would apply. Can the 14 year old boys parents go after the 16 year old girl or can the girls parents go...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

View more questions Search