Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshleeN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Detox for ETG UA
    Not sure what form of science this falls under... I am just wondering if there is a way to detox for an ETG UA? I know back in the day some friends used to use Sony's #7 to detox from marijuana will it work the same for ethanol? Also, does an ETG UA show a level or just a positive or negative result for ethanol?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 03:00 PM

Ethyl glucuronide (EtG) and ethyl sulfate (EtS) are conjugated ethanol metabolites formed in low amounts after alcohol consumption.

Compared with ethanol, EtG and EtS are excreted in urine for a prolonged time, making them useful as sensitive alcohol biomarkers.

There would usually be a quantitative result but it is admitted that that relates poorly to quantity consumed.

Time interval for detection has a very wide inter-individual variation (30-110 hr) and is easily influenced by any product containing alcohol (mouth wash, food, medication, etc.)

I am not familiar with any detox agent and due to the small number of labs that are equipped to process the tests the market probably has developed yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The source of detox [ 2 Answers ]

What causes the cramps,insomnia,cold sweats during oxycotin detox

Detox Necessary? [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend is getting ready for a lifestyle change. She has eaten fast food and not done regular exercise for quite some time due to depression. She is currently being treated for depression and now wants to take better care of herself. She is not going on a "diet", but more of just watching...

Rapid detox? [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about rapid detox? I am addict to oxys and just need to get off them and heard about this rapid detox.. Anyone heard of it and if so where do I get it? Thanks

Colon detox [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best and safe way to detox your colon and intestines. I have IBS with constipation and I heard that detoxing your insides will help you to get back on track. Ive tried eating fruits and vegis and I've taken Metamucil, Fiber One, Citricell etc.. Nothing seems to work. So I figured I'd...

CHI detox pads. [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this. Has anyone tried them? I'm thinking of buying them for my mother. She has arthritis and high blood pressure. Will it help her?

View more questions Search