Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmpete Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Retrieve info on hard drive
    How do I retrieve something on the hard drive that I put in the trash on a PC?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 10:18 AM

Putting something in the trash doesn't automatically delete it. Check to see if its still in the trash. If it is, you should be able to restore it. If its not there anymore I can't help but hopefully someone else will come along and be able to
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 10:19 AM

If it is still in the recycle bin you should be able to restore it

Open windows explorer and go down to recycle bin and if you see item on right, right click on it and choose restore
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmpete View Post
    How do I retrieve something on the hard drive that I put in the trash on a pc?
    If you mean the Windows recycle bin, right-click the Recycle Bin, choose Open or Explore, and then right-click the desired file and choose Restore. If the Recycle Bin has already been emptied, one approach is to use commercially available undelete software (example: WinUndelete) to recover the file. The more the computer is used before the file is recovered the less the chance of successful recovery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve info from an old drive [ 3 Answers ]

I replace my old hd with a new one than latter on I plugged the old one via usb and I was able to get most of the stuff from my old drive. But when I got to my documents folder it tells me "access denied, and is probably because on my old drive I had it set up where my documents where privet but...

Retrieving info from old hard drive. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a slight problem and wonder if anyone here can help me. My old, or not so old computer quit working on me about 5 months ago. Before it died however it spluttered, muttered, and hissed and then crashed. Lights out! It would not start again. Problem is I was using that computer to run my...

I also need to retrieve files from hard drive. [ 3 Answers ]

In follow-up and conjunction with another question posted here, I, too, have a NTFS hard drive from another laptop computer that I need to access/salvage. I have already connected it via a USB drive enclosure (USB 2.0 to IDE). It still did not assign a drive letter; all right-click options are...

How to retrieve data from an old hard drive? [ 1 Answers ]

My old computer crashed. I removed the hard drive from it. I have a new computer with the same operating system (XP) and the same file system (NTFS). How can I retrieve the data from the old hard drive? I understand about making the old drive a "slave" drive but how do I get the system to recognize...

Info off old hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

My old hard drive went haywire and I ended up with a dual install of xp and xp professional. I bought and installed a new hard drive but I want some files off my old hard drive. Obviously it was an internal drive. I am not savvy on the inner workings that go on in the tower - if I take my old...

View more questions Search