Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gopen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Denture creams
    Just found this site Numbness Arms Legs Tingling Dentures Muscle Weakness. Can denture creams really be this dangerous? I know my mom uses a lot of poligrip, a couple times a day - she claims she can't afford new dentures

Jun 10, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Neuropathy and Dentures
    Just found this site Numbness Arms Legs Tingling Dentures Muscle Weakness. Can denture creams really be this dangerous? I know my mom uses a lot of poligrip, a couple times a day - she claims she can't afford new dentures

Jun 10, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Denture Problems
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2009, 07:37 AM

I never heard of this in particular but I have been studying natural remedies for years and lately I have been really having eye openers.
    I went to a seminar by Dr. Pompa and he basically said that anything natural has a right spin while anything man made synthetic has a left spin. Anything man made has detrimental side effects somewhere down the road.
    I have even been hearing about the bad effects of micro organizisms in ice caused by the build up as the ice goes through the tubes.
    I started drinking fountain drinks at work about a year and a half ago and I believe it has caused me nerve damage.
    Even many of the foods we eat cause numbness and other health problems.
    I can't eat message that is in most prepacked, processed or fast foods.

The best way to find out is either Google for more articles like the one you posted above or get a list of ingredients and list them here and I will look them up.
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2009, 07:42 AM

You have this posted three times.
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2009, 07:43 AM

You have this posted three times.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 10, 2009, 09:03 AM
    >Multiple Threads Merged<
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 03:09 AM

I have never heard of this claim either. I am aware though that many denture wearers use way more adhesive than they need to. Tell your mom that all she needs is 3 small dots of adhesive in her dentures. If she needs to use more perhaps she should consider having a reline done which is less costly than having new dentures made. A denturist will generally do it for less than a dentist will.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 07:13 AM

I've never heard of this happening either. As Flossie suggested a reline is a cheaper way of remedying the problem. She may also try Sea Bond strips, which aren't as messy as the creams and help to increase suction. Some people like those better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upper Denture Causes Gag Reflex [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Dr. I had worn a full upper denture for about 12 months with absolutely no problems but, for the past three months, I cannot wear them without them causing me to gag. I can allay the problem by chewing on gum and it is not a problem when I eat but otherwise, I cannot Keep them in my...

Denture adjustment [ 5 Answers ]

Having difficulty adjusting to new dentures. First, I am having an extreme gag reflex, and now I am having pain radiating from my ja w to my ear whenever they are in. what can I do to help adjust to my new dentures?

Adjustment to denture for cheek biting [ 1 Answers ]

When adjusting a u/l denture for cheek biting, do u adjust lower buccel

Denture treatment [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently paid £194 to have a new set of dentures made - I have been back many times over the last 3 months and they still do not fit - can I get a refund from my dentist!!

Denture Problems (Bottom Plate)... [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been able to wear my bottom plate since I came home from the dentist 5 years ago. I have no problems with my top plate except for the fact that I have to use an adhesive every morning. I have tried using it with the bottom plate also but nothing works, I just can not get it to stay put!!...

View more questions Search