Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herbie9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Credit Bureaus Confusion
    Finally I received a letter from the collection agency stating that they could not verify the debt.

Subsequently, I contacted the three credit reporting agencies.

Two of the three removed the debt from my credit report.

However, one of the credit bureaus not only left the item on my credit report, but decided to duplicate the item as another debt on as separate line item on my credit report.

So now I have the debt reported twice. The only difference between line item one and line item two is that the account number for line item two shows a “D” in front of the same account number, and a comment that I am disputing the debt.

I would have expected that they would have removed the debt from my credit report after sending them a copy of the letter from the collection agency stating that the debt could not be verified.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
    :confused:
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2006, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by herbie9
    Finally I received a letter from the collection agency stating that they could not verify the debt.

Subsequently, I contacted the three credit reporting agencies.

Two of the three removed the debt from my credit report.

However, one of the credit bureaus not only left the item on my credit report, but decided to duplicate the item as another debt on as separate line item on my credit report.

So now I have the debt reported twice. The only difference between line item one and line item two is that the account number for line item two shows a “D” in front of the same account number, and a comment that I am disputing the debt.

I would have expected that they would have removed the debt from my credit report after sending them a copy of the letter from the collection agency stating that the debt could not be verified.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
    :confused:
    Dispute it again, and remind them they can be held legally respondible for un-verify information they provide. Title letter for dispute as, "Verified written request"
    ANGELES ALDAMA Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 10:05 PM
    You Should Call Them And Send Them In The Letter Again. Keep All The Confirmations. I Can Help You As Much As I Can. Are You In Cal?I Am A Loan Processor. I Have Helped People With The Same Situations. Let Me Know If I Can Help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Bureaus [ 1 Answers ]

When someone contests items on their credit report in writing, how long does it take the bureaus to respond?

F1-H1 confusion again! [ 1 Answers ]

IN this website http://www.thetaxguy.com/residency.htm The tax guy says... Dual-Status Aliens Note on page 7 of Publication 519 under Dual-Status Aliens that you could be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien in the same year. That means your tax return becomes more...

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend says he misses me and wants to see me but he said he doesn't like me any and we've been friends for over 7 to 8 yrs.. straight and we did go out but it never worked. And I like him a lot... n we've never stopped being friends and I tell him how I feel about him and I don't know what...

View more questions Search