Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ananth07 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 11:39 PM
    How to lay electrical conduits and plumbing in hollow block masonry
    How do we lay electrical conduits in block wall masonry .Please also let me know on on in stalling plumbing lines.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 08:13 AM

Where do you live and what is your climate like?

Jun 10, 2009, 09:41 PM
    I live in India and our climate is good with temp not more than 34 average.

Jun 11, 2009, 08:55 AM

So are we to assume that the block walls are already in place and you need to install new plumbing lines as well as electric? If this is new block construction please tell us.

Jun 11, 2009, 10:05 AM
    That's right,the block wall is complete now we need to do the electrical and plumbing,please suggest.

Thanks

Also this is a newblock construction.

Jun 11, 2009, 11:11 AM

It would have been about 500% easier to lay your piping as the wall was built. I would say at this point all plumbing and electric need to be overhead or on the interior walls. I have no clue how you plan to do your drains so I don't think I can help any further, sorry.

Jun 11, 2009, 08:56 PM
    I agree with you it would been lot easier if planned before build the wall,could we chase the wall unlike they do on solid block masonry,secondly also pl let us know how do we plan for conduiting and plumbing on new project which we are yet to start shortly.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 12, 2009, 04:51 AM
    I live in Florida where our Climate is much the same as yours and most of our construction is concrete block over a poured slab. Since you failed to inform us if the under floor drainage was in place and only ask about the block walls you are out of options at this point. You will have to break open the inside face of the block, install the electrical and plumbing and then patch the walls. If you've poured the slab without first jnstalling the drainage then you have a real problem on your hands. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conduits - Electrical [ 6 Answers ]

Can computer lines be run inside conduit with electrical lines? Are there any specific international electrical codes that specify such?

Electrical- conduits and junction boxes [ 1 Answers ]

How many feet can I run (EMT)conduit straight before I have to use a junction box. Canadian Electrical Code.

Hardie Board on Masonry block wall [ 6 Answers ]

Thinking of using 4' X8' sheets of Hardie board to upgrade the appearance of a building that has plain masonry block walls. Can hardie board be applied directly to the block without furring strips, etc? Can it be glued to the surface with construction adhesive? Any special techniques or...

Plumbing lines in concrete block outside wall [ 1 Answers ]

We are in the process of planning a bathroom remodel. The shower has 1/2" supply lines that are located on an outside wall. There is no way to use an inside wall. We want to make the shower into a custom shower with body sprays, rainfall head, hand held spray, and maybe a ceiling spray. With...

View more questions Search