Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheOreeoShow Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2009, 10:17 PM
    Is there anyone who hasn't cheated on Zelda Ocarina of Time?
    I started playing Zelda Ocarina of Time when I was about two and I really got past the deku tree when I was 7 or 10... but anyway I just started using walkthroughs off and on for about a year bacause I really had no idea how to get through some parts. My question is really just that because this game has so many aspects to it, has anyone made it through the entire game without any help from walkthroughs or the internet or friends helping them the entire time??
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 9, 2009, 10:20 PM

I've never met any one.
    ironclad04 Posts: 193, Reputation: 8

Jun 10, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian View Post
    I've never met any one.
    90 percent of gamers today play half way, and then use cheats! Nothing wrong with it, just spoils the fun, on zelda, I've never met anyone either who didn't cheat from the beginning!! Not my favorite game, but heard its technical?? The other 10 percent of gamers go from start to finish with no help and then break out the cheats, which is where I fall!! ironclad04 is the man, come on say it?? I bet your pretty good too, just keep at it!!

Jun 10, 2009, 09:09 PM

I only use Cheats after I finnish a game, because I like the challenge, but I will use internet walkthroughts on a game only if I'm stuck for a long time. A few games like MGS1, I used to switch the disk from the first one to the second and nothing would work, turned out I needed to keep the PS1 on while doing this, but I didn't know that. So annoying.

For Zelda, my ex kind of ruined some of it for me. I did need her to help me in the forest trying to find the girl Sarria? Links little green haired love mate when he is a kid... There and a few other little things she told me about, but other then the one big boss I didn't use any help. In the wind waker I didn't get any help, mind you it did take me a while to finnish some of those big bosses, and to figure out the place when you use the mirror shield to move the mists, and such. As for Twilight princess, I didn't get to finnish it before we splite, but I did't use any thing on that.
    Then there was Majora's mask, that game just made me mad. So annoying getting to the right places to get masks or meet people and you have to do things in a specific way. I had to use a walk through on some of that for sure. What was with the dog race big boss? I did kill that guy on my own, but what an annoying turd. That was.

Resident evil 2, I did that with out any help, what a freeky game when you turn the lights off, at night, no one around but you, noise a little louder that usual. So good. Like a good movie. I didn't get to finnish Clairs disk, but I was pretty much at the end. Played Code: Veronica till the middle, that one was fun too. R.E.5, is pretty impressive. Had a little help from my brother, and my 10 year old niece... Yeah, I know... She is a god player though. But a good game, and story. Never did get a chance to finnish R.E.4, man that sucks.

Max payne was a great story too, never played the second as it seemed like a crap money grab by the companies.

Diablo 1&2& the extended version. PC.

Deus Ex 1(PC)&2(XboX).

Oni (for PS1) Man, that was a pretty wicked game, but not many people liked it.

Good games are hard to find these days.

Jun 11, 2009, 07:22 AM
    [QUOTE=Nestorian;1790071] but I will use internet walkthroughts on a game only if I'm stuck for a long time.

This might sound pathetic but since I was 4 and stopped playing , I was stuck with the deku tree for ike 4 years:p but know Im just stuck on the shadow temple and... Im deffinatly using a walkthrough for it.;)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2009, 08:18 AM

Whenever I play a game I make a point of finishing it without any cheats.
    Then I usually play the game again and use a walkthrough to do every mission and find all the items etc..
    I just did that with fallout 3, finished the game and then finished it again but did everything 100%!
    ironclad04 Posts: 193, Reputation: 8

Jun 11, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Whenever I play a game I make a point of finishing it without any cheats.
    Then I usually play the game again and use a walkthrough to do every mission and find all the items etc..
    I jsut did that with fallout 3, finished the game and then finished it again but did everything 100%!
    That's the way to do it!! 100 percent gamer, I like that! So shazamataz, how is fall out 3 anyway, is it worth buying?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2009, 11:03 AM

I've played Zelda, Phantom hourglass. Did not need cheats and finished the game. Was quite challenging though, and took me some time. The only thing is that I've not collected all the items.. they're either random, or very well hidden, especially the spirits. Need 1 for the spirit of Strength, 2 for that of wisdom and 3 for that of courage. Read a walkthrough... now need to try to find them all. That'll be for my next hols though.

Jun 11, 2009, 05:03 PM

I personally perfer online multiplayer games like Battle field 2 (I used to play this game sooo much. I didn't really care about my rank, but more about my ability to do crazy cool tactics. Like jumpping out of a Helo "bird", or out of a car on to a flag and clearing the spot of any enemy troops with just me there. I once killed like 5 guys in a building because I made the flag nuetural, killing 2 as I did that, then I jumped down on the ammo and health, got fully set and killed three more taking the flag. That is not easy when a tank is shooting at you, snipers are trying to pick you off, and guys are jumping off the roof and coming out door ways. I felt good about that. But usually I'd only kill 2, maybe three if I caught a break.
    Or taking out a tank when the troops are pinned, taking out a Helo with a rocket haha, or trying to take a jump in a fast car with C4 on it and blowing up anything in your way, ahha. So fun. Sniping is fun too, seeing nothing but the black shadow of a soilder and then deciding kill them or not? Some times you get your team mates, boy do they get pi$$ed, but if you knew what to watch for you'd usually shoot the opposing forces. Man I miss that.)

Halo online was fun to, but I was not very good in that one. Some of those guys were just crazy awsome.

Wolfenstine Enemy Territory was so freeking amazing! For the PC. YOu have specific soldiers who could do specific jobs like medics heal guys on the ground, field ops give out ammo and call in air striks, special ops can take the other sides uniforms and blow up structures easily, engenirees build stuff and fix tanks vehicles, and so on. That game was so fun. I loved to just run into a room and toss as many granades around as I could before the other team killed me, got really good kill counts on those. Haha.

But, unlike many people, I never used glitches (when you get stuck behind a wall but still can kill the guys out side but they can't kill you.), nor cheats like reloading your gun by switching to another one and then back to be able to shoot again right away. There were other dirty little tricks too, totally killed the fun and challenge, making the game lame.

Sorry if that's off topic but I just had to add those. Peace out yo.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ironclad04 View Post
    thats the way to do it!!! 100 percent gamer, i like that! so shazamataz, how is fall out 3 anyway, is it worth buying?
    Definitely! I love it, could play it over and over and have a different outcome each time.

Jul 7, 2009, 08:41 AM

YAY!! I beat Zelda Ocarina of Time now Im deffinatly going to play the next one!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 08:45 AM

Well done! :) Congrats!
    abdrahman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 02:03 PM

Only with the PC make the screen small then hold the Ctrl+C for cheats like hover in the air get infinte health but it will freeze need the right code to make it stop save the game once u did it to download this game go to Roms, Emulators, and Cheats - DopeROMs - GBA Roms, SNES Roms, N64 Roms, Playstation Roms, NES Roms, GB Roms, GBC Roms, MAME Roms, SG Roms... and get the emulator
    klma Posts: 17, Reputation: -2

Aug 30, 2009, 03:16 PM

I do them in the end before killing ganondork (whatever) got a really cool tip once you u get song of storms go to the hyrule castle near where the fat sleeping guy was then near the tree play the song there and kill a spider there to get a gold token (there's a cheat there) get out your whatever not going to tell:D
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by klma View Post
    i do them in the end before killing ganondork (whatever) got a really cool tip once u u get song of storms go to the hyrule castle near where the fat sleeping guy was then near the tree play the song there and kill a spider there to get a gold token (there's a cheat there) get out ur whatever not gonna tell:D
    I have played that game on and off for years, and I can tell you that I have never encountered playing that game, either N64 or on my computer (yes, I have it right now), nor found anything except your post online, about that. I know that some of the golden skulltulas (sp?) are in trees, and you roll into it to get them down, no need to play the song of storms.

Could you please provide a link or another sort of proof that something "special" happens? Otherwise, I'm not going to believe it's true.

~~~~~~~~

I only use cheats after I have beaten the game 100%.
    I only use walkthroughs after I have beaten the game, but want to get 100%.

If I can't beat a game without looking in online or in a book (Yes, I remember when there were no online strategy guides for me to use, the good ol' days of Donkey Kong Country!) then I'm not good enough to play that game, and I sell/trade it in.
    Beaten every zelda game I've come across except one, for the Game Boy (advance?), don't remember which one though.

The only exception is games like DOOM, where I find no joy mindlessly killing enemies, so I use god mode and kill every enemy by punching them in the face!
    podoboo Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 07:20 PM

I didn't :( I never used any cheats or got help from anyone on any game when I was little. But that's mainly because I grew up as an only child without any siblings, cousins, or anyone who could help me with a game... and the other things were off limits as we didn't have the money to spend for them ( I was lucky to get the game in the first place) So I was always pretty much on my own when I got a new game to play... You know now that I think about it, It was always funner that way, something about running around aimlessly lost in a dungeon was always fun to me back then :P
    klma Posts: 17, Reputation: -2

Sep 1, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Where is your head buy zelda majoras mask it's way better than this stupid game trust me on this one folks but I am sad I beat it exactly 7 times :( life can be boring sometimes ahh
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2009, 06:14 AM

It's still funner that way today podoboo!

klma, "where is your head"? Seriously, that is a little harsh. It is just a matter of opinion, you don't need to insult everyone. You like LoZ:MM better, I like LoZ:OoT better. Get over it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Legend of Zelda: PH [ 3 Answers ]

HI Im stuck on a part where you are on the frosen island where you have tofind the impostor, well, I already did that and I'm in the temple, but I need to activate the 4 purple round things, but I don't know how to.

He told me he cheated. Now he tells me .he lied and never cheated! [ 11 Answers ]

Ok a month ago my boyfriend had told me he cheated on me! So obviously I broke up with him. And a week ago he told me he never really did cheat on me.. like the girl tried to kiss him but he never answered the kiss. He says he feels guilty from that. And he said he told me he cheated on me to test...

Zelda Wedding [ 1 Answers ]

My fiance' and I are planning on having a zelda themed wedding. This has been done before I am aware, but I'm having trouble locating a suitable dress/ dressmaker. I don't want the typical cosplay zelda dress, I'd like the dress to be a little more formal. Any information on acquiring...

Its about tingle from zelda [ 4 Answers ]

Is tingle in the... Legend of zelda Phantoms Hourglass

She cheated on me and wants time:( [ 10 Answers ]

Hey my girlfriend and me have been going out for 2 and a half years and in that time funny things have happened.. after a year we went out I played on her with a girl but it was a few kisses.. 1 month later she got drunk and she says a guy kissed her at a party.. but she says she never kissed him...

View more questions Search